Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missile World Cup

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is a Cold War era proxy war waiting to happen. Terrifying in one sense and I'm generally not an interventionist, but the gassing of children passes the mark, IMO.

But we don't know did that ...let's face it sunnies Nd Shiites are not adverse about blowing each other up in markets and mosques are they? It is reported that the rebels/ freedom fighters are losing ground, so how best to get world opinion back on their side....I am not suggesting that happened, but even the un haven't the faintest idea who did this.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Russia won't get involved as long as their strategic port in Syria is safe. They will saber rattle a little but will not support Assad to the point of hurling missiles at the west.

China don't give three hoots about Syria their strategic goal is to increase financial dominance across the globe. So as long as they can trade then they are happy.

We will get involved because by a hairs width and nothing more it is the right thing to do. We can't have people chucking chemical weapons around and not get put back in the box or the bark that prevents this happening more has no bite behind it.

It will be some subsurface cruise missiles against air defence systems and command and control and possibly an attempt to secure the chem stocks. Anything more is a buggers muddle.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Russia won't get involved as long as their strategic port in Syria is safe. They will saber rattle a little but will not support Assad to the point of hurling missiles at the west.

China don't give three hoots about Syria their strategic goal is to increase financial dominance across the globe. So as long as they can trade then they are happy.

We will get involved because by a hairs width and nothing more it is the right thing to do. We can't have people chucking chemical weapons around and not get put back in the box or the bark that prevents this happening more has no bite behind it.

It will be some subsurface cruise missiles against air defence systems and command and control and possibly an attempt to secure the chem stocks. Anything more is a buggers muddle.

Good post. However, I think this smells of something very worrying to me. Whether anyone can prove if the chemical weapons were from Assad's regime or not, ourselves and the Yanks are going to get missile happy anyway

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
In answer to Ernest's post, it's because we are deluded and still think us as some world power.

As for haig saying we can take action without un agreement......yes that is a really sensible idea William...let's piss the Russians/ Chinese/ and everyone else off....you buffoon! He Makes me ashamed to be a Yorkshireman.

Surely it does not take anything to do that? Yorkshire is full of ********s - he is just one of many.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Looks odds on for a US kick-off based upon John Kerry's speach.

Not good, and not our problem if they all wipe each other out.

All a western strike will do is increase the impression that we are all imperialists. The middle-east need to police their own problems.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Surely it does not take anything to do that? Yorkshire is full of ********s - he is just one of many.

OI. Wind your kneck in you soft southern shandy drinking blouse wearing poof

Lol
Xxxxx

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Are you Micky Adams? lol

He is a basically a southerner. From Sheffield, which some of us from the west riding regard as Derbyshire anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks odds on for a US kick-off based upon John Kerry's speach.

Not good, and not our problem if they all wipe each other out.

All a western strike will do is increase the impression that we are all imperialists. The middle-east need to police their own problems.

Its a bad state of affairs, the West has been picking and choosing which conflicts to join for years. We did next to nothing in Lebanon, Egypt ,Tunisia and Bahrain. Standing off in the Med and firing a few cruise missiles off to slap Assad on the wrist is just going to upset the Russians and Iranians and do nothing to help the people being slaughtered. The Yanks have said that the Assad regime should not use chemical weapons " or else " now Assad has done it and said " Or What ? " America has to stand up and do something but can't actually do anything to help. a pretty pickle for Mr. Obama

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Really dont understand why we in the west feel we have the 'right' to interfere in other countries civil wars...I would guess we would be pretty unhappy about it if somebody intervened in, god forbid, a civil warin the UK. of course there will be horror stories from a civil war...of course women and children will be killed, but thats the nature of a civil war, and always has been..... effectivily taking sides, particularly with a side that appears to contain a large proportion of Islamic fundamentalists cant end well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here