Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Minute's applause at all Premier League games next weekend in support of Virgil Van Dijk?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Following on from SkySports' sombre and touching day of tributes to the great man, it's to be hoped that all Premier League games this coming weekend will be preceded by a minutes applause for Virgil, who faces a possible five to eight months out with a knee injury.

The Liverpool Echo have just invited supporters to send their messages of support to the big number four (a tweet hastily deleted approximately two hours later when somebody finally recognised what a crushing embarrassment it was and how much ridicule they were getting). Instead they've now tweeted a message from Virgil, accompanied by some very sad backing music (not a joke).

I hope we can all join in paying our respects to the only footballer ever injured in on-field combat.

As his message suggests, the Lord will help him.
Whereas you are going to the hot room.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Thankfully the Liverpool medical staff have experience of bringing players back from the dead - Salah has made a Lazarus-esque recovery after being brutally murdered by Sergio Ramos

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Oh boo hoo. A player gets injured whilst playing football.....how will he live on SSP? Oh wait.....
Yes, I wish him a speedy recovery but come on?:shrug:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
All of his you tube show reels have had the music changed to Samuel Barber's, "Adagio For Strings" in honour of the fallen. ...

Touched.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Am I allowed to clap from home - perhaps get the kids to bang the pots and pans outside the house again as they did for the NHS?

Brilliant idea, may I suggest 4am as the perfect time to do this, as an even bigger show of support for him to respect his shirt number?

If you could let me know how that goes, preferably with video evidence, that'd be grand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
fed0a4ddd19d6ad6e0aa9ffe7dcc76dc.jpg

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
They will probably rush him back like we did with Izzy who looked unfit when played and that will be another 6months. How will the scouser cope.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To be fair it's easily the worst thing to happen to a Virgil since that time Thunderbird 2 crashed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here