Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mindless vandalism of a defibrillator at Buxted FC

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Absolute disgrace - you just know the sort of scummy family they are. And sorry but no surprise their kid has a gut like that too. Yes I am judging and no I don’t feel bad as I know I’m right :lol:

They looked like Irish Travellers to me, no masks in the restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe I have lived a sheltered life. I understand kids (and older morons) are responsible for vandalism and reckless ruining of peoples property but that video looked very deliberate and determined. Making a point of ripping it apart and stamping all over it? ???

Seriously? WTF…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Also not trying to downplay what has happened to Buxted FC or come across flippant. If anyone has a donation link to help replace the defibrillator then will gladly donate.

There’s a link to a donation fund in post 141.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that what they have one is disgusting but I don't think prison is the answer. I don't go by the 'we all make mistakes, so we should forgive them because we were all young & stupid once' bit either. The ideal 'punishment' would be a quick lesson in what their actions could have caused. I'd start them off by, as someone else suggested, them becoming a HCA on a cardiac ward for a few shifts. Then working them 'up' so that they help out at the BHF charity shop, they take a 1st aid course & they learn exactly what a defibrillator does. It costs a fortune for prison, it costs a fortune to do the stuff above but on balance I think that the long term cheaper option is education. It's tempting to suggest to take them to a morgue to see outcomes but that might cross all ethical boundaries!
Edit to add... that there is probably no hope for the seafront and cafe couple. Their kids and dogs should be taken into care, they're old enough to know better and are obviously quite experienced at being *****.

No won’t do that as it will be against their human rights and subjecting them to a trauma would be bad for their mental health.

Told off and given unconditional discharge.

They will be hero’s with their mates when their own video is uploaded to tic toc, Instagram etc.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
So what is the consensus here....

Burn them?

Hang them?

Impale them?

Birch them?

National service?

Let them go after a telling off?

After careful consideration and reflecting on this as rationally as possible, they should be drawn backwards from here to the tower, be tied up a ladder with a nice cozy bonefire lit somewhere below and then have some kind gentleman join them up there with a dirk.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
After careful consideration and reflecting on this as rationally as possible, they should be drawn backwards from here to the tower, be tied up a ladder with a nice cozy bonefire lit somewhere below and then have some kind gentleman join them up there with a dirk.

That’ll learn em.

bottom of the Harbour basin locked in a caravan's too good for 'em.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
They wouldn't do it again

DiscreteShallowBelugawhale-max-1mb.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think that what they have one is disgusting but I don't think prison is the answer. I don't go by the 'we all make mistakes, so we should forgive them because we were all young & stupid once' bit either. The ideal 'punishment' would be a quick lesson in what their actions could have caused. I'd start them off by, as someone else suggested, them becoming a HCA on a cardiac ward for a few shifts. Then working them 'up' so that they help out at the BHF charity shop, they take a 1st aid course & they learn exactly what a defibrillator does. It costs a fortune for prison, it costs a fortune to do the stuff above but on balance I think that the long term cheaper option is education. It's tempting to suggest to take them to a morgue to see outcomes but that might cross all ethical boundaries!
Edit to add... that there is probably no hope for the seafront and cafe couple. Their kids and dogs should be taken into care, they're old enough to know better and are obviously quite experienced at being *****.

Very wise and sensible.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's always funny on these threads how usually so called "liberal" posters turn full authoritarian with added lynch mob mentality.

Nobody needs to think of an appropriate punishment, we have a police force and a legal system that does it for us! They've been caught red handed and a magistrate will think of an appropriate and proportionate punishment.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I realise this isn't the most relevant observation to the discussion but it made me laugh that the Dail Mail use fahrenheit in their story. How many shillings did they steal from the tip jar?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Youths under 18 cannot be named unless the judge allows it.

Yup. And it's about time that law went.

If you are above the age of criminal responsibility and you are arrested and charged then the whole world should know. Why is a 17 year old "protected" in this way?

These scumbags need some form of public humiliation - name and shame as would have happened if they had been a few months older.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
It's always funny on these threads how usually so called "liberal" posters turn full authoritarian with added lynch mob mentality.

Nobody needs to think of an appropriate punishment, we have a police force and a legal system that does it for us! They've been caught red handed and a magistrate will think of an appropriate and proportionate punishment.

Praise the lord for our police force and legal system.........because they work so well eh?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Yup. And it's about time that law went.

If you are above the age of criminal responsibility and you are arrested and charged then the whole world should know. Why is a 17 year old "protected" in this way?

These scumbags need some form of public humiliation - name and shame as would have happened if they had been a few months older.

The law is in place to protect youngsters who make mistakes, wrong choices or just get into trouble. It means their future isn't forever tainted by something they did when young.
For more serious crimes the judge will allow the name to be known or even published. That's why it is an option rather than abolishing the law altogether.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The cynic in me says that video was setup... I don't know of any young folk who would deliberately make a point of smashing up and stamping on the defibrillator like that. Call me Mr conspiracy but something's not right. Wondering how it has 2.3 mil views in less than 24 hours aswell? Strikes me as a setup Daily Mail type article getting the old hating the youth of today.

I reckon [MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] might have something to add………

Ok ok - you got us. But please keep it to yourself. Took me hours to hack Sussex police Twitter to post about the arrest and they’ve still not realise (morons) - the actors aren’t even from Sussex, so the plan has worked a treat :clap2::clap2: :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

What about all those suggesting the boys' names should be kept anonymous, and that they should be helped rather than punished by life-changing (and
possibly life-ending) imprisonment? If anything this thread is awash with the opposite of what yoiu claim.

I agree with your second point. And how absurd it is to criticise the sentence as too lenient (or too severe) before we know what the sentence is? Albeit after we know what the sentence is, we have a right to comment.

Mind you, I have not seen any 'liberals' 'turning' 'authoritarian'. Who do you have in mind? What makes someone a 'liberal' and how is that incompatible with condemining the vandalism of a defibrillator? I think I normally like you posts but I'm a long way from with you on this occasion :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here