Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mince Pies, YAY or GAY? The DEFINITIVE NSC poll.

Mince Pies, love or hate them?

• YUM

Votes: 136 75.1%
  • YUK

Votes: 45 24.9%

• Total voters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Christmas here means very hot weather, which is bad news, but also the prospect of eating Baker's Delight mince pies.
These are the best I have ever tasted anywhere, here or there.
$8.50 a pack of 6 but yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh friggin' yes please!

mincepierecipe-24-UmYw84WMbRbEZpVKKy7TfL.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Every september I pop across to North Cyprus to get my jars of mincemeat so wifey can bake her fantastic mince pies for Chrimbo. She may be Turkish but she makes gorgeous mince pies. Our English friends keep wanting to make orders!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Can take or leave them. Quite nice with a cup of tea I suppose. Not too keen on the stale ones my Stepdad tries to palm off onto me for months after Christmas. I've given up trying to explain to him that just because Aldi flog them off at 8 packs for £3, he doesn't have to buy an hundred weight of them. The stuff that man buys. He went out to get some basic groceries a few years back, was gone for hours and came back early evening with miniature church organ from the Missionary Mart he said he was going to renovate having forgotten about the groceries entirely.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Phenoemenal cuisine.

Going to make my own this year though as at least I can try and make them a BIT healthier....

Not much, I imagine...but it's better than shop bought.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like them, but happily pass on them. often seem to find eating them out of hospitality, because someone offered them. surprised so many "yums" and evangelising, i wonder how many of you eat them Jan-October??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I never understood why it is called mincedmeat, does anyone know the raison for this?

Because traditionally it always contained meat, whether beef suet, beef or venison etc. along with fruit and spices.*

*I may have been whooshed here......:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here