Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mince Pies, YAY or GAY? The DEFINITIVE NSC poll.

Mince Pies, love or hate them?

• YUM

Votes: 136 75.1%
  • YUK

Votes: 45 24.9%

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love them with either hot brandy sauce or Brandy cream. When I was a lad my mother, who was very superstitious, said I had to have 12 made by different people as each one I had would bring me 1 month of good luck.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I love them with either hot brandy sauce or Brandy cream. When I was a lad my mother, who was very superstitious, said I had to have 12 made by different people as each one I had would bring me 1 month of good luck.

The tradition was that you eat one a day for the 12 days of Christmas for the 12 months of prosperity.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The tradition was that you eat one a day for the 12 days of Christmas for the 12 months of prosperity.

That was what mum said but it had to be made by 12 different people so it was visits to gran, aunties neighbours etc to scrounge a mince pie. Now make do with a couple of dozen shop bought to accompany those my wife makes.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Very YAY

and hot sausage rolls.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I can neck a few with reasonable glee, but i intend to marvel at the eat machine at my work in his late 50s who at each Christmas party barely lets a table drop their spoons before he comes over and sweeps the remaining pies into a carrier bag for him to take home with him. I'm looking forward to a later age, hopefully less than a decade away, when i can simply publicly gorge without shame or apology, becoming a revered, yet entirely solitudinal, snacksnatcher in wherever i may then be.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That particular avenue of pleasure has been closed for some time :(

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Love 'em, but you can get dodgy ones

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here