Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw the thread and thought "ooh, a proper thread, this is promising", then realised I was being too positive, so we'll lose.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This is really a must win game. Reading playing Yeovil and surely will win that.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
For some reason, I find myself on a train bound for Southampton. Going in the company box at St Mary's for the first time.
Note to self: Check fixture list before next putting myself forward. That's not just checking when we're at home.
At least I can keep in touch with the game on here and it'll be over before I settle down to watch the Suarez and Sturridge master class.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Kuszczak; Bruno, Greer, Upson, Ward; Andrews, Stephens, Orlandi; Ulloa, David, Lingard.

Subs: Brezovan, Dunk, Calderon, Forster-Caskey, March, Rodriguez, Buckley.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Presume Kaz has an injury? Orlandi on the wing or behind Ulloa?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Kuszczak

Bruno~Greer~Upson~Ward

Stephens~Andrews~Orlandi

Spanish Dave~Ulloa~Lingard

No Lualua on the subs bench must mean he's injured. Buckley and March in reserve for us, which is nice.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Apart from Lingard. No pace in the team .....again. Why the hell is David playing again. Might as well start with 10 men.

( David will have the game of his life now )

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Too slow in possession and not mobile enough to play in front of the back four.

Pleased to see Lingard start but once again we start with no pace on the wings, which is what we've been clearly missing over the last few matches.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
No Ince, Agustein, Obika & Lua Lua. I wonder if they are all injured and if it's that black & white?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can only assume that Ince is injured?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

If El Turi shares a similar opinion to me I'd say it's because Andrews has been pretty poor recently, very slow and ponderous on the ball and doesn't particularly like heading or tackling, he just passes sideways over and over again.

I'm sure this opinion will not be appreciated or shared by all.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Ince had a test this morning so must have failed.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Ince was having a fitness test earlier, so must have failed. To those that do not like Spanish Dave, I suggest he is in the team as he can deliver killer passes and has shown that recently.

Not a bad team - Bit of guile in SD and Orlandi, talent and skill in Lingard and Len to finish. Lots of pace to come on later on if needed.

Wheel definitely not loose today - I reckon 3-1 to us.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
If El Turi shares a similar opinion to me I'd say it's because Andrews has been pretty poor recently, very slow and ponderous on the ball and doesn't particularly like heading or tackling, he just passes sideways over and over again.

I'm sure this opinion will not be appreciated or shared by all.
You're quite right, Andrews has been pretty poor (after a good start for us). I'd be surprised now if we signed him permanently at the end of the season. Ince is a huge miss for us.

Still we've got enough there to give Millwall a good game. Interesting that Lingard starts ahead of March and Buckley, I bet those two are a bit pissed off.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
Andrews is playing because Ince is injured
the interesting choices are no Obika or Lua Lua on the bench
Are they injured?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here