• Yes

Votes: 34 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 299 89.8%

• Total voters

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Not sure most of them actually give a ****. Think a large part of it is club identity, they want to be the bad guys and BLM is the easiest target atm.

Nail on head. They really don't care. They thrive on being vilified, always have, always will. It's unfortunate, but it's the Millwall way I'm afraid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One - yes one... Stop trying to defend the indefensible FFS - was that ONE person booing?

We just have to accept there are some people in some locations whose behaviour we shouldn't be surprised about...

And the "some of my black friends were Millwall fans" is just smoke and mirrors. For what ever historical reason, that club (along with others) draws in the dregs of society - the vocal minority as usual will ruin it for the silent majority.

I feel sorry for anyone connected to that club that has tried to drag some of their Neanderthal fans out of the dark ages!

My dad was a Millwall supporter in the 1930s. They have always been follwed by a large contingent of gammony dock scum.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
This is the end product of the divisive news agenda, using phrases like Woke and influencing people to rebel against empathetic causes including opposing lockdown measures

Its the divide and rule times we find ourselves in

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It is very, very simple. When I raised the moron at the Chelsea game, the thread that followed contained more than its fair share of apologists. Now it is Millwall and not Albion, people are piling in. It was very, very clear from my post, my post a few down and my entire posting history, that I a feel it is an issue we as a club and fans have dealt with badly and need to get our own house in order rather than seeing it as another clubs problem. Because of this, you accused me of defending racists. When asked to retract, you used your buzzword of choice and doubled down. Ergo - you are beneath contempt.

In all walks of society there are and always will be racists. That will never change - YOU or anyone else will never solve that problem.

However you CANNOT put Brighton fans as a collective into the same boat as Millwall, whatever point you were trying to prove with your throwaway comment about one fan at the Chelsea friendly ..

Stop digging and turn your fury on the Millwall fans instead!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This is the end product of the divisive news agenda, using phrases like Woke and influencing people to rebel against empathetic causes including opposing lockdown measures

Its the divide and rule times we find ourselves in

Yes, agreed. Some might tell you it's by design as well.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Millwall taking a hit so that they get all the complaints - selfless really.

Does seem a bit pointless to complain when the whole thing's over in 10 seconds and is just part of the pre-match ritual these days (and I'm sure will be for years to come). Like all symbolic actions, it's likely that the action will live on long after the meaning falls away.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Nothing wrong with a bit of “whataboutery” - can highlight a bit of hypocrisy and a tendency to generalise.

No generalisation. If you read my post I said there will be many Millwall fans who would be disgusted by this outpouring! Unfortunately, generalisation as it may seem it always IS Millwall... isn't it?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fume away, your comment was 100% whataboutery

One - yes one... Stop trying to defend the indefensible FFS - was that ONE person booing?

We just have to accept there are some people in some locations whose behaviour we shouldn't be surprised about...

And the "some of my black friends were Millwall fans" is just smoke and mirrors. For what ever historical reason, that club (along with others) draws in the dregs of society - the vocal minority as usual will ruin it for the silent majority.

I feel sorry for anyone connected to that club that has tried to drag some of their Neanderthal fans out of the dark ages!

In all walks of society there are and always will be racists. That will never change - YOU or anyone else will never solve that problem.

However you CANNOT put Brighton fans as a collective into the same boat as Millwall, whatever point you were trying to prove with your throwaway comment about one fan at the Chelsea friendly ..

Stop digging and turn your fury on the Millwall fans instead!
[MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] only pointed out that there was also booing at an Albion match, stop making yourself look a tit and giving him a hard time.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
As much as it was a terrible incident that brought the attention of the world to the BLM campaign, at some point its time to move on and this knee thing has been done respectively for some time now.
Not defending the Millwall fans for today's incident though.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
[MENTION=21477]Dick Swiveller[/MENTION] only pointed out that there was also booing at an Albion match, stop making yourself look a tit and giving him a hard time.

Ok, your opinion and thanks re the name calling.

I don't need to defend myself to you, but will... The OP played a video with mass booing, from a club, who no-one can deny has had a history of racist fans. This was rebuffed with "ah, but what about that one fan at the Chelsea friendly" and I'm the tit?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
As much as it was a terrible incident that brought the attention of the world to the BLM campaign, at some point its time to move on and this knee thing has been done respectively for some time now.
Not defending the Millwall fans for today's incident though.

People booing shows that we shouldn't move on. Stopping because of racists would send such a bad message imo.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am not :censored: around. Either back up your libellous statement that I am defending racists or retract it. I have been posting on the various forms of this board for well over 20 years and this is far and away the most annoyed anyone has ever made me. You just have to look a few posts down on this very thread. Or look at the Chelsea thread to see it was me that called out the person who did it at the Chelsea game, Or the multiple times I have called out Goldstone amongst others for his bigotry. I am genuinely steaming right now.

I wouldn't worry about it, your post clearly wasn’t defending racists

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Ok, your opinion and thanks re the name calling.

I don't need to defend myself to you, but will... The OP played a video with mass booing, from a club, who no-one can deny has had a history of racist fans. This was rebuffed with "ah, but what about that one fan at the Chelsea friendly" and I'm the tit?

From the outside looking in you have obviously upset him, but please carry on if it makes you happy.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think it’s very unfortunate that the Black Lives Matter organisation is now tarnished with accusations of anti Semitic language and some of its leaders seem to have encouraged looting etc . The message is an important one but it is being undermined by the BLM organisation.

I did say all along , this important message of racism should have been aligned with a non political movement not a Marxist type one .

Doesn’t excuse booing though .

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I was actually quite surprised, I'm really not sure why, how on earth do they have such a high proportion of racists? It's bizarre in one of the worlds most multi cultural cities. Feel for their decent fans but all of them have a responsibility to call it out.

I forgot that our former Coca Cola Kid Colin Kazim-Richards plays for Derby.

And is becoming a bit of a mini legend, his attitude, work rate and leadership is so impressive.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it’s very unfortunate that the Black Lives Matter organisation is now tarnished with accusations of anti Semitic language and some of its leaders seem to have encouraged looting etc . The message is an important one but it is being undermined by the BLM organisation.

I did say all along , this important message of racism should have been aligned with a non political movement not a Marxist type one .

Doesn’t excuse booing though .
Where is the evidence that BLM is a "Marxist" organisation? I see this touted about online all the time, and have yet to see any actual substance to support this.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it, your post clearly wasn’t defending racists

Thanks. I'm stepping away from this thread because I am too wound up. However you want to interpret my first post, to be accused of defending racists (and by implication, being racist) is bang out of order.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
See below from the New York post back in 2015 -

It doesn’t exactly cover BLM in glory .

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors said in a newly surfaced video from 2015 that she and her fellow organizers are “trained Marxists” – making clear their movement’s ideological foundation, according to a report.

Cullors, 36, was the protégé of Eric Mann, former agitator of the Weather Underground domestic terror organization, and spent years absorbing the Marxist-Leninist ideology that shaped her worldview, Breitbart News reported.

“The first thing, I think, is that we actually do have an ideological frame. Myself and Alicia in particular are trained organizers,” she said, referring to BLM co-founder Alicia Garza.

“We are trained Marxists. We are super-versed on, sort of, ideological theories. And I think that what we really tried to do is build a movement that could be utilized by many, many black folk,” Cullors added in the interview with Jared Ball of The Real News Network.

While promoting her book “When They Call You a Terrorist: A Black Lives Matter Memoir” in 2018, Cullors described her introduction to and support for Marxist ideology.

She described to Democracy Now! how she became a trained organizer with the Labor/Community Strategy Center, which she called her “first political home” under the mentorship of Mann, its director, Breitbart reported.

The center, which describes its philosophy as “an urban experiment,” uses grassroots organization to “focus on Black and Latino communities with deep historical ties to the long history of anti-colonial, anti-imperialist, pro-communist resistance to the US empire,” according to the outlet.

It also expresses its appreciation for the work of the US Communist Party, “especially Black communists,” as well as its support for “the great work of the Black Panther Party, the American Indian Movement, Young Lords, Brown Berets, and the great revolutionary rainbow experiments of the 1970s,” Breitbart reported.

Eric Mann
Eric Mann
Ken Lubas/Los Angeles Times via Getty Images
In 1968, Mann was a coordinator for Students for a Democratic Society, from which a more radical wing –- the Weather Underground — was splintered the following year.

It was led by Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who called for “direct action” over civil disobedience, seeking the overthrow of the US government. In 1969, the FBI classified the group as a domestic terror organization.

Mann was eventually charged with assault and battery, disturbing the peace, damaging property, defacing a building and disturbing a public assembly, for which he spent 18 months behind bars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here