Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I can, and will list a few:-
Chesterfield, Oxford, trouble in the ground at Southend, Bournmouth (on TV as well). Going back, Palace, and seen cars overturned away at Pompey. The one eyed comments here are only worthy of some tabloid newspaper. FYI Millwall got its reputation because of three things. First, The Not theNineoClock News (comedy show) did a sketch about football fans smashing up a train. They used Millwall for the joke but could have used us, pompey, palace and certainly west ham, chelsea, man u, spurs, leeds ect. Second incident is Luton where there were too many millwall on the terrace and luton were chucking coins at them. That is no excuse but Chelsea had done exactly the same at Luton but Millwall were in the public thoughts because of the comedy show. There was also the panorama show with "Harry the dog". Truth is tho that Chelse, west ham, man u, Leeds always caused much more trouble, and clubs like Brighton and palace also cause trouble. Millwall of course had/have a problem, but the ill informed, one eyed comments on this board just defy belief.

Spot on. Even the Millwall board recognises our 'tasty firm in the 80's, always right up for it'. They're still there, just more diluted than back in the day. Not excusing the Millwall fans behaviour last night though, much of which was disgusting.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm not taking the side of the hooligans (by this I presume you Millwall fans in general?). I took the side of someone who claims he witnessed first hand what happened.

As I have previously stated given the choice of the OP with his 2nd hand hearsay and Bushy's first hand experience I am prepared to take the latter. Whilst I loath his racism and 99% of his posts I feel he is honest.

And for the record I am suspicious of the type of police officer who works at football matches; 9 times out 10 they are confrontational. As a friend who is a cop once said 'which type of police officer do you think puts themself forward to work at football mataches?'
I'm hurt, this is like an arrow piercing my heart!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It has since come out that bushy "did not see the incident firsthand" and that we've heard Millwall fans were resisting arrest and getting physically involved with the Police. Does that change anything?
No it hasn't, I said i didnt see the original small incident , I saw the incident which started the large scale trouble from about 10 ft away.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No it hasn't, I said i didnt see the original small incident , I saw the incident which started the large scale trouble from about 10 ft away.

You didn't see it, so how can you say it was small? You didn't see it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You didn't see it, so how can you say it was small? You didn't see it.
because one of the people i attended the game with was next to it when it happened , and we were about 10 feet away when the main incident booted off, you dont like me, and i understand you want to prove me wrong, unfortunately on this occasion you cant, i was there , i saw it , accept it.

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
I'm not taking the side of the hooligans (by this I presume you Millwall fans in general?). I took the side of someone who claims he witnessed first hand what happened.

As I have previously stated given the choice of the OP with his 2nd hand hearsay and Bushy's first hand experience I am prepared to take the latter. Whilst I loath his racism and 99% of his posts I feel he is honest.

And for the record I am suspicious of the type of police officer who works at football matches; 9 times out 10 they are confrontational. As a friend who is a cop once said 'which type of police officer do you think puts themself forward to work at football mataches?'

I think that's an exaggeration.....I have witnessed the OB inciting trouble a few times and have seen innocent people arrested because of it which is terrible. I think on the whole most OB are ok tho.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
There was one very well known brighton fan who now goes to millwall in there as wellhe spoke to pc balkham who was very embarassed at the conduct of the officers involved.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was not there and did not see the incident but this comment from Millwall does not seem unfair:

"You can't use pepper spray in an enclosed space with 2438 people nearby. I'll absolutely accept we have some utter f***ing divs follow us(I've seen them) but using pepper spray? At a football match? The very nature of the stuff means it's effects are indiscriminate and innocent bystanders will be affected. Children tend to attend games with their families. I imagine pepper spray would affect a young child more dramatically than an adult. It's genuinely worrying and deorable that the old bill find this acceptable."

This seems to me to be an entirely reasonable comment. You can't just indiscriminately spray that stuff around in an enclosed space. Pretty disgraceful IMHO.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
because one of the people i attended the game with was next to it when it happened , and we were about 10 feet away when the main incident booted off, you dont like me, and i understand you want to prove me wrong, unfortunately on this occasion you cant, i was there , i saw it , accept it.

i dont dislike you? im not trying to prove you wrong. you said you didnt see the incident.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i dont dislike you? im not trying to prove you wrong. you said you didnt see the incident.

Bushy has clearly explained what he did and didnt see and I think it is fair to say they police got it wrong.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
i saw the original incident, which was a general melee involving fans and police, i just didnt see what sparked it, i also then saw the following incident of the policewoman panicking and pepper spraying (including her colleagues) indiscriminately which led to all the people in the immediate vicinity taking umbrage and venting their frustration in an understandably vehement way .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
i saw the original incident, which was a general melee involving fans and police, i just didnt see what sparked it, i also then saw the following incident of the policewoman panicking and pepper spraying (including her colleagues) indiscriminately which led to all the people in the immediate vicinity taking umbrage and venting their frustration in an understandably vehement way .

Right, well that's my point. We don't know what made the Police panic.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Right, well that's my point. We don't know what made the Police panic.
yes we do, how many more f*cking times? it was a policewoman who quite obviously isnt up to crowd control as she pepper sprayed lots of people for the quite heinous crime of being run into by police while standing there drinking beer and eating pies.

In The Rough

Mar 20, 2007
Between The Sticks
The trouble is, people now know the police have limited powers when it comes to dealing with them. If only the police could use tazers and rubber bullets at will then this sort of thing would go away tomorrow.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
The trouble is, people now know the police have limited powers when it comes to dealing with them. If only the police could use tazers and rubber bullets at will then this sort of thing would go away tomorrow.

What? People involved at fights at football often get sent down for three years for a first offence, where as the same thing happening on a Friday night would result in a caution at most. The police's power at football is enormous!

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
This a joke, right? OB are carelessly using pepper spray, so we give them rubber bullets instead?

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
What? People involved at fights at football often get sent down for three years for a first offence, where as the same thing happening on a Friday night would result in a caution at most. The police's power at football is enormous!

Or shoot them with a rubber bullet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here