Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Sounds like a seriously nawteee bit of toe-2-toe goin' down there, LP. Did Warninglid's Finest (Pockets) back off 'Wall with his infamous sequined syrup again - or were they on their toes before he had a chance to whip it out?

Can't say TT, walls have ears, as well as sausages, nuff said?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I dont know about you but if the"Wall"fans think were gay....

Attachments

• HE2712-001.jpg
    HE2712-001.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 74

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
OF COURSE in literally millions of incidents, the Police are going to get it wrong sometimes, I just don't understand when, presented with very little evidence, you take the side of the hooligans and assume they're correct rather than the Police? Bizarre one.

I'm not taking the side of the hooligans (by this I presume you Millwall fans in general?). I took the side of someone who claims he witnessed first hand what happened.

As I have previously stated given the choice of the OP with his 2nd hand hearsay and Bushy's first hand experience I am prepared to take the latter. Whilst I loath his racism and 99% of his posts I feel he is honest.

And for the record I am suspicious of the type of police officer who works at football matches; 9 times out 10 they are confrontational. As a friend who is a cop once said 'which type of police officer do you think puts themself forward to work at football mataches?'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You're honestly saying, hand on heart, your mate was literally just walking along the road normally? Not giving it all that, or making any comments about or towards the policeman? Just walking in silence past the policeman?

If so then fair play, that's terrible.

As I have said on this site before, I once had a riot copper try and incite me by informing me he earned more money when I was minding my own business watching an anti-cap demo. It does happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not taking the side of the hooligans (by this I presume you Millwall fans in general?). I took the side of someone who claims he witnessed first hand what happened.

As I have previously stated given the choice of the OP with his 2nd hand hearsay and Bushy's first hand experience I am prepared to take the latter. Whilst I loath his racism and 99% of his posts I feel he is honest.

And for the record I am suspicious of the type of police officer who works at football matches; 9 times out 10 they are confrontational. As a friend who is a cop once said 'which type of police officer do you think puts themself forward to work at football mataches?'

It has since come out that bushy "did not see the incident firsthand" and that we've heard Millwall fans were resisting arrest and getting physically involved with the Police. Does that change anything?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As I have said on this site before, I once had a riot copper try and incite me by informing me he earned more money when I was minding my own business watching an anti-cap demo. It does happen.

That's EXACTLY the same as someone pepper spraying someone walking past them in the street, for no reason whatsoever.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Weird. I've gone to HUNDREDS of football games and NEVER had any issues with any Police.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can't say TT, walls have ears, as well as sausages, nuff said?

A nod's as good as a wink Squire. I'd hate to see Big Vern doin' porridge again - 'specially after all the agg he's had with the Reliant recently. People don't know the 'alf of it (thank God).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Weird. I've gone to HUNDREDS of football games and NEVER had any issues with any Police.

You're one sentence away from saying 'if you have done nothing wrong you have got nothing to hide.'

I expect better from you Mr Mellotron.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You're one sentence away from saying 'if you have done nothing wrong you have got nothing to hide.'

I expect better from you Mr Mellotron.

I'm not saying that. Saying that NINE out of TEN Police officers at football games are confrontational is f***ing laughable. If so, it would be kicking off all over the place constantly at every football game in every league every saturday.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's EXACTLY the same as someone pepper spraying someone walking past them in the street, for no reason whatsoever.

Of course it's not exactly the same. My point is that I was doing nothing, minding my own business like the person on Queens Rd. But, a police office tried to make it his business with his bully boy tactics and goading. This is the link.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of course it's not exactly the same. My point is that I was doing nothing, minding my own business like the person on Queens Rd. But, a police office tried to make it his business with his bully boy tactics and goading. This is the link.

Fair play. One thing that is worth taking into account is conditioning. As with 'Wall fans who are treated like animals constantly, that's probably why they like to take ownership of that view of them and act as such.

The Police are constantly abused, villified, spat on, baited, etc. I know, I know, "poor old fuzz" etc. While of course he SHOULD take it in his stride, I'm certain that many cases of Police brutality are examples of Police officers "venting" after being taunted/abused one time too many.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not saying that. Saying that NINE out of TEN Police officers at football games are confrontational is f***ing laughable. If so, it would be kicking off all over the place constantly at every football game in every league every saturday.

They are often aggressive in their outlook, it does not mean they literally smack everyone around the head with a truncheon at every opportunity. You should watch that Coppers program on C4. If you have been watching it, that SPG lot in the van this week, very very different to the rest of the officers they feature would you agree?

Feb 14, 2010
I'm concerned that there is an agenda here as a similar thread (and associated threads) were started when Leeds were in Brighton. As I pointed out then and in another Millwall associated thread today, Brighton are in no position to claim moral high grounds. The thread starters should start a thread headed "Brighton violence" as its Brighton that have last week had fans sentenced for up to 3 years for a fight with Spurs fans involving over 100 people. I also would ask if the thread starters have seen brighton play at places like Palace, pompey, Chesterfield, Southend, Oxford, actually the list goes on and on when naming grounds / towns where Brighton have seriously played up. Therefore, why no "brighton violence" thread? I also would ask the moderators whether it is acceptable to start such alarmist, one sided threads about another club.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair play. One thing that is worth taking into account is conditioning. As with 'Wall fans who are treated like animals constantly, that's probably why they like to take ownership of that view of them and act as such.

The Police are constantly abused, villified, spat on, baited, etc. I know, I know, "poor old fuzz" etc. While of course he SHOULD take it in his stride, I'm certain that many cases of Police brutality are examples of Police officers "venting" after being taunted/abused one time too many.

Going back to the original point I think it ridiculous that the police used pepper spray in a confined area. This is what Bushy still claims to have seen. Even if it was the last resort then the police were ill-prepared and stupid to get themselves into such a situation where is was the last resort. It's been known for a long time what Millwall supporters are like, this fixture has been known for a long time, and the numbers inside the ground were known in advance. The police called it wrong.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'm concerned that there is an agenda here as a similar thread (and associated threads) were started when Leeds were in Brighton. As I pointed out then and in another Millwall associated thread today, Brighton are in no position to claim moral high grounds. The thread starters should start a thread headed "Brighton violence" as its Brighton that have last week had fans sentenced for up to 3 years for a fight with Spurs fans involving over 100 people. I also would ask if the thread starters have seen brighton play at places like Palace, pompey, Chesterfield, Southend, Oxford, actually the list goes on and on when naming grounds / towns where Brighton have seriously played up. Therefore, why no "brighton violence" thread? I also would ask the moderators whether it is acceptable to start such alarmist, one sided threads about another club.

I do not think we are comparing like with like here. There is no doubt that we have our own idiot element, but are you suggesting it is really on the scale of Millwall for example. At certain high profile fixtures the usual suspects will crawl out of the woodwork and seek to get involved with their counterparts, but I cannot remember the last time Brighton fans terrorised anywhere. What was so dispiriting about the behaviour of the Millwall fans yesterday was that it was simply normal behaviour for them. It wasn't a special game i.e. West Ham, Pompey, Cardiff etc it was just a low profile game against Brighton, a team with whom they have no particular axe to grind.

It wasn't just the violence that people are commenting on, it is the vileness of the abuse and the use of intimidation to all and sundry regardless of the age or sex of the recipient. On my travels with Brighton I have rarely seen Albion fans indulge in such behaviour on a large scale. I have seen plenty of dumb and boneheaded behaviour and can quite often be left shaking my head in embarrassment, but it's hardly in the same league as what many experienced last night.

On the contrary we normally end up mixing with the locals before and after away trips and hopefully leave a positive impression. Something that many Millwall fans failed to do last night.

Feb 14, 2010
Going back to the original point I think it ridiculous that the police used pepper spray in a confined area. This is what Bushy still claims to have seen. Even if it was the last resort then the police were ill-prepared and stupid to get themselves into such a situation where is was the last resort. It's been known for a long time what Millwall supporters are like, this fixture has been known for a long time, and the numbers inside the ground were known in advance. The police called it wrong.

What Millwall fans are like? This from Brighton, the club that had fans sentenced for 3 years for a fight involving 100 people just last week and have since I have been watching them smashed up numerous towns like Chesterfield and caused serious trouble at Palace, Pompey, Brentford and frankly up and down the country. Such a comment is so putting your hands over your face about our own club and very unfair on Millwall - as is the racist stuff thrown at Millwall about Luton. If you watch the Luton footage then you will see black milllwall fans on the pitch. Simple fact about Millwall is that when Brighton break out of their end and cause trouble inside the ground at Southend, there is a small press write up. When Millwall have 4 people thrown out of Southend, its front page news.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
This has nothing to do with last night. I remember being on the bus going to Brighton V Millwall when we were at the Withdean. As the bus stopped out side of the Royal Pavillion a couple of Millwall twats (they were chanting abuse all they way) jump up and said "Look at the size of that f*cking Mosque"

So anything you tell me about last night, does not suprise me.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
No one is denying that Brighton has idiots, every club does. Point is were on about the Millwall problems last night and chances are if some Brighton fans started something in say Millwall, then i would have thought a topic would be made about that too.

Feb 14, 2010
I do not think we are comparing like with like here. There is no doubt that we have our own idiot element, but are you suggesting it is really on the scale of Millwall for example. At certain high profile fixtures the usual suspects will crawl out of the woodwork and seek to get involved with their counterparts, but I cannot remember the last time Brighton fans terrorised anywhere.

I can, and will list a few:-
Chesterfield, Oxford, trouble in the ground at Southend, Bournmouth (on TV as well). Going back, Palace, and seen cars overturned away at Pompey. The one eyed comments here are only worthy of some tabloid newspaper. FYI Millwall got its reputation because of three things. First, The Not theNineoClock News (comedy show) did a sketch about football fans smashing up a train. They used Millwall for the joke but could have used us, pompey, palace and certainly west ham, chelsea, man u, spurs, leeds ect. Second incident is Luton where there were too many millwall on the terrace and luton were chucking coins at them. That is no excuse but Chelsea had done exactly the same at Luton but Millwall were in the public thoughts because of the comedy show. There was also the panorama show with "Harry the dog". Truth is tho that Chelse, west ham, man u, Leeds always caused much more trouble, and clubs like Brighton and palace also cause trouble. Millwall of course had/have a problem, but the ill informed, one eyed comments on this board just defy belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here