Millwall fans apparently attacking members of catering...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Just to add something to the comment on the police officer, I didn't see the incident, there comes a time when faced with something like this that a quiet word is not going to work. Some people will push and push and think that you wouldn't react, the police are there to keep order if you step over the mark they will react, you may not like the outcome but that's how it is.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
As me and the family we were walking towards the underpass from the uni there was a group of about 8 or 9 of them at the top of the underpass by the A27, they were gobbling off and singing the boringly obvious no-one likes us song and we all thought shit here we go.

So the homophobic abuse is just a cover?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'd like to know at what point the Police officer felt the need to use her pepper spray. It does seem very odd that she'd just spray it out of panic...
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] you were there, what actually happened then? Can you give us a bit more detail?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I'd like to know at what point the Police officer felt the need to use her pepper spray. It does seem very odd that she'd just spray it out of panic...
[MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] you were there, what actually happened then? Can you give us a bit more detail?

Mmm, I'm not utterly convinced you are going to get an impartial view on what happened, it seems that bushy has a dislike for the police.

It seems strange that most people on here have got some stories of abuse and general-vileness from last night, yet bushy is reporting incitement by the police. Something doesn't add up.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

It wouldnt of been because the officer "was in a panic", if she was worried she would have called for back-up. Spray is only used when theres a threat to the officers safety. In all fairness we dont know the full facts about it as it can be exaggerated or be turned as the fault of the police.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Arguably a 5 foot female might be able to placate a 15 stone shaven headed middle-aged bench and prison-white trainer wearing knuckle-dragging Millwall fan better than a 6 foot male copper if they used their nouse a little to diffuse the situation. This was actually demonstrated (in training) on Coppers this very week. Pepper spray is only going to go one way....as was also demonstrated on Coppers a few weeks ago.

In some instances you are quite correct. But in others when the point of kicking off has come a chap may be better equipped to deal with it than a woman.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No police officer uses a spray out of panic. It is classed as a weapon and the paperwork required after is use is enough not to use it in the first place!
The problem with millwall is they just act the way they are expected to behave by the general public. It is passed down through the generations, a little like the benefit system.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
My mate got headbutted coming off a train full of Millwall. When he got into the North stand concourse you could see he had a lump on his head and he had no idea why they done it..

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
No police officer uses a spray out of panic. It is classed as a weapon and the paperwork required after is use is enough not to use it in the first place!
The problem with millwall is they just act the way they are expected to behave by the general public. It is passed down through the generations, a little like the benefit system.

Utter bollocks,palace at home,@ Queens Rd,young copper shit himself and sprayed someone i know for no reason,other than walking up Queens Rd,no warning,just starting spraying,fact.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Mmm, I'm not utterly convinced you are going to get an impartial view on what happened, it seems that bushy has a dislike for the police.

It seems strange that most people on here have got some stories of abuse and general-vileness from last night, yet bushy is reporting incitement by the police. Something doesn't add up.

I don't really want to get people's opinions involved. I'd just like to know exactly what happened. [MENTION=11956]bushy[/MENTION] saw everything and is in the best position to give and explanation.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I was reading Bushy's eyewitness account in post #64. As opposed to the 2nd hand information from a mate which the OP relayed.

I dunno ... sure the OB would have a different view, they don't just spray that stuff around for fun and the guy in post #19 said he had to take his stewards out so it's not 2nd hand.

Anyway won't labour it further, we can agree to disagree

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
They dont do it for no reason, if the officer felt under threat then thats enough reason to use it, no warning needs to be given. But facts can be missed out and stories can be changed to make it all the fault of the police.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps they wanted to do more damage than the £200k done to the South stand by Palace?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
yes it was.

On Millwall's board they are saying that the police attempted to arrest someone and then 3 or 4 Millwall 'lads' got involved and dragged the person being arrested away and fended off the police at which point they Police woman triggered the Pepper spray.

That is what is being 'admitted' to.

Does this match what you saw Bushy?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No police officer uses a spray out of panic.

The police do not push over and kill innocent newspaper vendors either do they? Or shot innocent Brazilian electricians, or baseball bat innocent car drivers or.....

I think you get my point.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The police do not push over and kill innocent newspaper vendors either do they? Or shot innocent Brazilian electricians, or baseball bat innocent car drivers or.....

I think you get my point.

Crap point though mate. No police force in the world will never make a fatal error such as the ones you have highlighted. given the millions of interactions and incidents they deal with it is inevitable that mistakes will be made on occasion and yes they were bad ones but compared to virtually every other police force in the world ours are pretty good. Still you just can't convince police haters like you can you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On Millwall's board they are saying that the police attempted to arrest someone and then 3 or 4 Millwall 'lads' got involved and dragged the person being arrested away and fended off the police at which point they Police woman triggered the Pepper spray.

Come on, you know what football supporters are like. Give this story another few hours and they'll also detail how they held off the entire Sussex constabulary and took the North Stand.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

interesting that they appear to admit to being mob handed; resisting arrest; and assaulting the police?

Not quite what Bushy reports but then perhaps he is only a plastic hoolie rather than the fully fledged "and proud of it" version :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports