Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Milk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I love milk, probably my favourite drink.

I get through a couple of pints a day, when I used to be away on long deployments the thing I most looked forward to when I got home was a pint of cold milk.

On ships, we used UHT milk or powered milk both of which are gopping. I don’t know if anywhere does milk as nice as ours. I grew up on a diary farm , and part of my Dads wages was as much milk as he wanted, so, I would drink raw ( unpasteurised) milk, it was wonderful, much tastier than pasteurised.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Organic dairy farm near us has started selling their milk through a vending machine with glass bottles. Tastes amazing and this farm does fab stuff for the environment and for our community. Cows look pretty happy out in the fields too!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
One of my vivid memories is getting driven home from the Goldstone after a game, buy fish and chips in Seaford, grab the Evening Argus special as it arrived bang on 6pm and then have the fish and chips with a large glass of milk whilst watching Dr Who.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
1716925382189.png

MODS....SPOILER ALERT!!! WE CAN MERGE THREADS...WATCH OUT WATCH OUT THERES A HUMPHREY ABOUT...POTTER DRINKS MILK ON WAY TO LEICESTER AND HAS ORDERED 2PTS OF THE WHITE STUFF FOR HIS MEETING AT GRAND TOMORROW. ITS BETTER THAN CHASING PLANES...THANK THE LORD ITS HALF TERM

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do like a glass of nice cold, ice cold milk now and again.

Nowhere near as much as I used to.

At least two pints a day in protein shakes and a pint with dinner.

I’ll have a glass with a curry or a gulp when i poke my stupid face into the fridge for no other reason than to be greedy.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Too much dairy makes me constipated. There, I said it said. It ain't the lactose. All this lactose-free bollocks. The most lactose intolerant nation is China ....yet they still drink shed loads of it, more than any other country. Intolerance does not = allergy. With intolerance you can can tolerate only a certain amount and you simply have to find your level and not go over it. It does not mean avoid it at all costs (this is worse because then when you do eat it by accident, because it's a hidden ingredient in many things, you get a real upset). What I have found is I can tolerate the protein which is found in Goats and Jersey cows. Lo an behold, in the past, all milk was from a jersey-type cow and nearly everyone was fine. But, of course, the jersey cow wasn't "efficient" and didn't produce enough load and wasn't productive enough (ie - not profitable enough) so it was replaced by the modern, over producing cow that makes most people ill...... but makes most profit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Can you actually answer the question? I’m curious. I do have to warn you, if you go full PETA I’ll just disregard your contribution
Cows milk is for baby cows not humans. The cows are made pregnant to make the milk, their kids are either taken away from them when they are born or just killed after a short time if they are males. The dairy cows will then end up being bred to make more milk so that they can find it hard to stand up and most of those cows will be indoors not out. Instead of living until 19 or 20 they’ll be killed off around 6 or 7 and end up in pies or pet food. It’s shit. I didn’t want to derail the thread, this info is all out there, but you did ask.

How about you tell me why you should steal a baby cows milk.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Lots of things we do are weird and might be considered "wrong".

But anyway, this isn't the time or place to discuss my sexual deviancy.
If you're ever in Macao be sure to have the milk bath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here