Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Military Aircraft

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveAirShowTV/videos

For those experiencing airshow withdrawal this year, this could help - today, tomorrow and Thursday the above YouTube channel are doing a "Socially Distant Airshow", which I'd never even heard of until 10 mins ago.

What this means is that they've asked display teams from around the world to submit footage that they can show and present as if it were an actual airshow. Their list of "participants" over the three days includes the Red Arrows, Thunderbirds, F-22, F-35, A-10, F-16, Snowbirds, Patrouille Suisse, Gripen and many more.

8pm UK time tonight for Day One. [emoji106]

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Every Saturday at 11am, the Planes TV YouTube does an airshow livestream from their archives.

Sometimes it's a full show broadcast (a couple of months ago, they did an 8 hour stream of the whole 2014 Waddington show, for example), sometimes it's a retrospective across a number of shows over the years from one location. A few weeks ago they had an excellent highlights package from the Mildenhall shows in the 80s and 90s, today is a retrospective of shows from Cosford since 1991.

Well worth checking out, they've got some great footage on there. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/user/PlanesTV

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
names-under-xh558-s-wing-diamond-anniversary-of-xh558-s-first-test-flight-6246-dv-p[ekm]288x288[.jpg

Done this for my dads 80th this year, ex RAF airframes techie....

https://www.vulcantotheskystore.co....ersary-of-xh558s-first-test-flight-6246-p.asp

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Stunning [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having done the AAR Tanking job for 20 years both as ground crew and flying....it makes me want to join the RAF again. ( but my Tristars have gone)

As per the thread that got moved, if you have any questions about AAR drop me a PM .....dont need to talk in front of some of the resident idiots.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Having done the AAR Tanking job for 20 years both as ground crew and flying....it makes me want to join the RAF again. ( but my Tristars have gone)

As per the thread that got moved, if you have any questions about AAR drop me a PM .....dont need to talk in front of some of the resident idiots.

Where did the former Tristar fleet end up, scrap or foreign country?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Cheers, will do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Where did the former Tristar fleet end up, scrap or foreign country?

3 so far have been cut up, I actually watched for an hour at ASI ( Kemble) very emotional.

The rest are sat at Bruntingthorpe awaiting their fate, they have been sold to an American company that flies civi tankers for the USAF but Bruntingthorpe has been sold and all aircraft must be moved in 3 months so I unless they are flown out soon the scrap man will be coming....They have been grounded since 2013 so its not just kick the tyres and light the fires then Take off...

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
3 so far have been cut up, I actually watched for an hour at ASI ( Kemble) very emotional.

The rest are sat at Bruntingthorpe awaiting their fate, they have been sold to an American company that flies civi tankers for the USAF but Bruntingthorpe has been sold and all aircraft must be moved in 3 months so I unless they are flown out soon the scrap man will be coming....They have been grounded since 2013 so its not just kick the tyres and light the fires then Take off...

Blimey, a shame though:)

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I assume this was taken at the Mach loop?
I'd love to spend a day there.

Yeah, looks like it's between Cross Foxes and Tal-y-llyn. My only advice if you were to come here is to plan things to do within the loop, go on walks, so at cafes etc. Can be a long quiet day if you're just going to park your arse on the side of a mountain.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Anyone wanna see an A400M Atlas at low level, there's one been pootling around at 500 ft over the channel; east of Dungess all day. I guess on anti immigrant duty, but seems to be a waste of a big plane burning a lot of fuel at low level. A message to the French perhaps?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here