Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mike Ward in last nights programme..

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Thimble Keegan said:
It does not matter if you are a new fan or old fan. Due to age I only witnessed 1 away game in the 80's and a few home games but I still hate Palace. It basically should be if you support the Albion you then hate Palace, end of story.

Everyone on here is criticising Ward for saying how he thinks fans should feel. Funny then that so many that are doing just that are also telling us how we really should feel about Palace.

Maybe, just maybe you're both wrong - people can surely make up their own minds.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Albion Dan said:
I really fail to see what new fans has got to do with it at all. New fans can come along, they can even not hate Palace if they want (although most will as its is what we and supporting football is all about) but they if they want to start bleating about how we are belittled for celebrating victory over a team the vast majority of us hate then they can stay away imo.

He's a writer. He's doing his job - he's expressing an opinion. I guess I don't mind seeing this kind of stuff in the matchday programme. Yes, I disagree with it, but it's an interesting point worthy of discussion. Obviously most people think that the matchday programme should be written like a Communist party manifesto.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** me, I'm not wading through 6 pages.

For my two-penneth, I can't BELIEVE how much some people get their knickers in a twist over absolutely f***-all. Whats the big deal ? So Ward doesn't "get" the rivalry between Albion and Palace, and dared to write this in the programme. WOW - hold the front page. I've just glanced out of the window, and amazingly, the world does appear to still be spinning on its axis and life as we know it has not yet been adversely affected, at least not so's you'd notice.

Get a grip for christs sake. There are FAR bigger issues facing this club than what a columnist thinks of the Albion/Palace rivaly. Demanding apologies ? I can't believe what a load of precious, pious old bollocks is being spouted here. Truth be known, theres a section of people who've never liked the bloke, and have been waiting for something like this to jump all over in full-on self-righteous mode.

What a bunch of ARSE.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Easy 10 said:

For my two-penneth, I can't BELIEVE how much some people get their knickers in a twist over absolutely f***-all. Whats the big deal ? So Ward doesn't "get" the rivalry between Albion and Palace, and dared to write this in the programme. WOW - hold the front page. I've just glanced out of the window, and amazingly, the world does appear to still be spinning on its axis and life as we know it has not yet been adversely affected, at least not so's you'd notice.

Get a grip for christs sake. There are FAR bigger issues facing this club than what a columnist thinks of the Albion/Palace rivaly. Demanding apologies ? I can't believe what a load of precious, pious old bollocks is being spouted here. Truth be known, theres a section of people who've never liked the bloke, and have been waiting for something like this to jump all over in full-on self-righteous mode.

What a bunch of ARSE.

I don't say this lightly - I could not agree more.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lokki 7 said:
Because you've never had a good old fashioned rant on NSC... Sven anyone?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Or bloody pop idol. However important a TV talent show is, just because your favourite got voted off doesn't mean the world will stop spinning on its axis and life as we know it will be adversely affected. :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lokki 7 said:
Because you've never had a good old fashioned rant on NSC... Sven anyone?

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
A little-known TV columnist scribbling a few thoughts on our rivalry with Palace is one thing. An England manager who has consistantly proved he couldn't find his own arse with both hands, in the run-up to a World Cup, is quite another.

:)

Although I take your point Lokki, a good rant is what this site is all about. But its the "I'M SO OFFENDED AND I DEMAND AN APOLOGY TO BE PRINTED IN THE NEXT PROGRAMME" bollocks that I can't stand.

'Get a life springs' to mind.

No, its a fair point. Lets reserve this Albion related message board for really important things only, like JESUS.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Easy 10 said:

What a bunch of ARSE.

:lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Biscuit said:
Or bloody pop idol. However important a TV talent show is, just because your favourite got voted off doesn't mean the world will stop spinning on its axis and life as we know it will be adversely affected. :jester:
You can't POSSIBLY compare the Roxanne scandal to this, Biscuit. And you KNOW it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Easy 10 said:
You can't POSSIBLY compare the Roxanne scandal to this, Biscuit. And you KNOW it.

At last, someone capable of putting things in perspective :jester:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
DJ Leon said:
So this columnist has an opinion that most disagree with. :eek:

So what's your point? It's a matchday programme, not Pravda. Do we all have to have the same opinion? He's a writer challenging an accepted truth, what's wrong with that?

And all this 'I'm a better fan than him' bullshit is so incredibly sad. Get a grip. Falmer is coming girls and boys we better start welcoming new fans or kiss goodbye to filling it.

Hi Mike

;)

Infernal Optimist

Aug 15, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
The bloke has supported Brighton for 4 years and yet feels qualified to tell every other fan via the official programme that they are a bit sad for having a rivalry with Palace. Well, he has "read" about the history... but feels this doesn't justify the friction that exists to this day. Well, fair enough Mr Ward, if you don't hate Palace because you weren't there in the 70's and 80's that's your right. But who are you to lecture the masses saying it "belittles" us as a club. Are you saying you didn't enjoy the special atmosphere the other Tuesday night? Would you prefer 200 people turned up, clapped meekly then sauntered off home with the match instantly forgotten? Had that been the case, would we still have won the game?
Palace games are part of what makes supporting Brighton special. I don't want to see anyone hurt or beaten up, but neither do I want to see the animosity lapse into ambivalence. The Palace fixtures were the first ones I looked for at the start of the season, and the game was my most enjoyable match for a long time. Can't wait for the return visit. What is wrong with that?
Mike Ward, please don't lecture me on how to support my club.

Blimey, I couldn't possibly agree with a post more than this one, well said mate. Who's he to tell us who we can have as a rival? Sod off back to Arsenal if you feel like that Mike

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Easy 10 said:

Truth be known, theres a section of people who've never liked the bloke, and have been waiting for something like this to jump all over in full-on self-righteous mode.

What a bunch of ARSE.

NAME AND BURN THEM
:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

I for one think his comments showed his total lack of undferstanding about this club. I wonder what sort of reaction his comments would have made if he would have written them about his beloved Arsenal and their "rivalry " with Tottenham? I suppose in his eyes it belittles Arsenal too.

Good to have a rant though:thumbsup:

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Ive always hated Palace and Im 47 now,so I was hating them when he was a little boy watching Arsenal,and then he jumps on our bandwagon a few years ago and then thinks he is the new Messiah and preaches love and Respect to all palace fans,well he can f*** right off in my book,

Total Tosser,f*** off back to where you belong and dont coming hanging on out coat tails no more you glory hunting Wanker!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Charlies Shinpad said:
Ive always hated Palace and Im 47 now,so I was hating them when he was a little boy watching Arsenal,and then he jumps on our bandwagon a few years ago and then thinks he is the new Messiah and preaches love and Respect to all palace fans,well he can f*** right off in my book,

Total Tosser,f*** off back to where you belong and dont coming hanging on out coat tails no more you glory hunting Wanker!

tell it how it is mate

and who is this DJLeon bloke anyway? Was he at Roker park in the 70's being chased all over the place by 10ft high skinheads?

Tell that to the yoof of today, an't'would'nt believe thee:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here