Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough vs Ipswich Town - 3pm KO 23/04/16

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm not counting Ipswich out. Boro were below par vs relegated Bolton and relied on an injury time winner. Burnley's win has ratcheted up the pressure too. This result is not a done deal.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Boro will win this. Not sure enough to lump my winnings on them though.

I thought Ipswich when they went ahead at the Amex were a tough nut to crack to get back into the game and we failed. But they have had some poor results away this season.

Boro are a different kettle at home this season, but I think they will struggle to score.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Rhodes is scoring for them now and they are at home can't see beyond a Boro win but would love to be proved wrong.

Just imagine the madness of a winner takes all game at the riverside now that would be something else!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Just focus on your own games , your destiny lies with yourselves. As Mr Dyche says " don't listen to the outside noise ".

Burnley are looking forward to our last home game next weekend then off the the Valley for the party.
Albion need to keep momentum to play 2 legs against the Owls. It is what it is why keep looking elsewhere.

Fans are fans, not players. It's human nature to speculate.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As a Boro fan, I'm not overly worried about this game.

Ipswich are in poor form and come to us who have won 6 in 7 and we have only conceded 7 goals at home all season.

Well you should have worried more. Two points from a possible six in your last two games have allowed us to finally catch you. And in your previous two games to those, if it weren't for a couple of fortunate last minute goals, we'd have a 4 point lead on you now.

I still concede you have a better squad and your owner has shown his intent with the FFP bustin Rhodes transfer but I think we may have a better dressing room spirit which is what is needed for the last two games. See you in two weeks for what is hopefully a joint promotion party (although very unlikely with Burnley's luck and form).

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Think we can put an end to these threads now, Ipswich won't do us any favours here and Birmingham have been on their holidays since we beat them.

:thumbsup:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Not too sure how Boro failed to score in this one:

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10255441/middlesbrough-0-0-ipswich[/video]

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

[video]http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/10255441/middlesbrough-0-0-ipswich[/video]

Unbelievable. The strike from Rhodes that hit the post could have gone anywhere but ended up in the keepers arms.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
“If I have done one person a favour, I hope it’s Chris Hughton,” Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy.

"He is my mate and a wonderful guy, and so Chris, that's s point for you lad.

"I hope we help him get promoted."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
“If I have done one person a favour, I hope it’s Chris Hughton,” Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy.

"He is my mate and a wonderful guy, and so Chris, that's s point for you lad.

"I hope we help him get promoted."

It's a shame Ipswich aren't playing Burnley next.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
These threads are pointless, the only way is 3 wins now.

Forget the rest we just need to ensure we do what is necessary

In a few hours you've been proved wrong matey :lol:

No pint predicting the championship, and it's now a Fact that 4 points would be enough if it's draw v Derby and win v Boro, even if they beat Brum :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Tbf that makes up for the Hull game / QPR game / Reading games where they certainly didn't deserve to win but did. Will be very, very tough there last game that's for sure. We're still outsiders.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

How the **** did they not score :eek: We've probably got to go there and win :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here