Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This bloke though. "Teams like Brighton" when you've just been f***ed up the Derek at home.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

boro.png

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
:ROFLMAO: Johnny Cantor on Radio Sussex said it was a deflection that Ali Mac might try and claim was deliberate, whereas Muzza compared it to Cruyff.

I don't know who to believe. Does anyone know which one of them knows more about how to position your feet to score one touch goals?
Cantor's was on first view from the back of the stand, Murray was watching a video stream. Once Cantor and Aspinall saw replays they recognised it was a deliberate flick.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:ROFLMAO: Johnny Cantor on Radio Sussex said it was a deflection that Ali Mac might try and claim was deliberate, whereas Muzza compared it to Cruyff.

I don't know who to believe. Does anyone know which one of them knows more about how to position your feet to score one touch goals?
On first viewing I thought it was a really jammy goal, I was wrong it was a class goal

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Ferguson not quite at the same level as at Everton was my only slight disappointment. Everything else was great though.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
This bloke though. "Teams like Brighton" when you've just been f***ed up the Derek at home.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

View attachment 155500
There is literally not one thing he gets right there. I love the fact that all these fans who've read an Athletic article think 'pressing' is what football is. They had the right tactics. To keep it tights and hit on the break. We were just too strong for them. Of they'd have gone blitzkrieg pressing it would have been much worse. Yet there he is. Holding forth with unshakeable yet misplaced confidence in himself.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
There is literally not one thing he gets right there. I love the fact that all these fans who've read an Athletic article think 'pressing' is what football is. They had the right tactics. To keep it tights and hit on the break. We were just too strong for them. Of they'd have gone blitzkrieg pressing it would have been much worse. Yet there he is. Holding forth with unshakeable yet misplaced confidence in himself.
His third line up to the comma, about what a "small" team can do with the right management and infrastructure, is sound.
I also gather Boro have been looking good in the Championship in the last few weeks, so the idea of them being promoted in the next two years isn't unreasonable.
Otherwise it's mostly nonsense.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
RDZ still pissed off about the Charlton loss in his post match interview - wouldn't have fancied being a player in the dressing room after that one! :lol:

Superb stuff today, thought it would be a tough test but we thoroughly outclassed them in every area.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The younger supporters have only known what I would now describe as the best football we have ever witnessed from the Albion. We have a world cup winner and some of the most exciting young talent in the PL, hence all the moneybags clubs supposedly chasing them. Hopefully TB will do what he always does and get top dollar for them.
I do believe European football is now more of a reality and within this teams grasp. This is a golden era to be a seagull supporter

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

I thought he back heeled it in???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here