Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Middlesbrough vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nialler

Aug 30, 2019
Lamptey been very poor so far. Mitoma is a classy player in the making but he has to mix up his final ball. He is always going for the cutback. Ferguson really overworks defences with movement and adding false 9 tendencies and running in behind too. Very nice. Brighton Defence is dodgey though. Good game so far

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Have to say Lamptey has been all over the place defending.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Every time Lamptey makes a run down the wing, Solly cuts back and ignores him.
I did see that a couple of times, but Lamptey has been mostly absent so far.
Hard to tell what our formation is at times, but is Lamptey playing as a wingback? He seems to be quite deep, hence the not making runs.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Very noticeable that we cant tempt boro into pressing us at all. They look dangerous on the break tho.
we are pressing very very high and staying in possession so their defence gets out of shape even trying to play a low block. Only two defenders in our own half for much of the first half! 😀 But yes, makes us vulnerable to the Counter so we need to be a bit faster getting back into shape. Lovely football.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
They are a decent side I have to say. Not seen them since our Championship days. Quick on the counter. No park the bus shite.
I think they've got their tactics right compared to Everton and saints. They aren't falling for the press trap. I think we can pick them off with our extra pace and quality but they're going to have a chance and will need to be handled carefully in the 2nd half.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I actually think that was a very impressive first half. Boro are decent, look much better than some of the dross we've played in the league recently. Lamptey is gonna get slated on here so reluctant to add fuel to that but he simply isn't the player he was sadly. Even going forward we look more dangerous with Veltman on the right.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Interesting first half.

We're clearly considerably better than them these days, but fair play to them, they're giving us a game.

Van Hecke has looked OK. Maybe a bit nervy on the ball, but some useful defensive actions - although a bit naive at times (playing opposition onside etc) but that's to be expected for a young centre half, which is why he's playing in this.

Usual suspects have been brilliant, especially down the left (Estupinan, Mitoma, Gross, Lallana) - unplayable at times.

Main concern so far has been, sadly, Lamptey again. Looks our weakest player. Keeps overlapping pointlessly on the right, and March never passes to him. He has attempted his mazy runs, unsuccessfully, more than once. I fear he's a shadow of the player he was before his injury... hope he proves me wrong here, but I'm very concerned for him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think we’ve played well again - a few obvious new players in the team but doing well. Albion fans sound brilliant as well considering the distance - surprised Boro have so many there by looks of it - must have been cheap tickets?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Lamptey abysmal against arsenal and again today. Let's not risk him Vs Liverpool aye.

Ferguson few poor touches today bit disappointing.

But as others have said mboro look better than saints and Everton so far. Carrick obviously doing a great job and has set up well today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here