Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough vs Brighton and Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Middlesbrough have got a good defensive record so not a massive surprise that we didn't threaten much. I do think the tactics we started with today is the way forward but with a more creative player in centre midfield (Vicente if we could get him fit).
Agreed, hopefully that would see CMS getting more of the ball and more players near him.
Actually I think Harley was growing into it in the last couple of games, but then getting injured, typical of our season really.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well done albion for having one shot on target,thats two whole shots on target in two games???

Pathetic

I would be delighted to lose as long as we shoot at goal,but we don't meaning the football is far far to negative.

Really don't understand why in 90 mins we can't creat chances,maybe having 7 defensive players might just be the problem:tantrum:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Well done albion for having one shot on target,thats two whole shots on target in two games???

Pathetic

I would be delighted to lose as long as we shoot at goal,but we don't meaning the football is far far to negative.

Really don't understand why in 90 mins we can't creat chances,maybe having 7 defensive players might just be the problem:tantrum:

well said but wait for the gus can do no wrong mob on here to start moaning about any one that dares to have a point not like theirs

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
he is both,schools out for 4 weeks,so put up with him or ignore like others said,me i love him,

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
well said but wait for the gus can do no wrong mob on here to start moaning about any one that dares to have a point not like theirs
What the hell do we do for 90 mins if we create f-all,seriously need two quality midfielders asap to create something for poor old CMS.

Surely even gus must realise this and im sure he does,he will get the players im sure but he needs to think attack not boring defending.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A Long way from Home

I expected us to lose by a single goal, but I did not expect us to give them a goal on a plate. It did not seem to get any better after we took Sparrow off. We started off OK and just before Sparrow was taken off we seemed to doing better, but still unlikely to score unless something drastic was done.

All the clubs are getting lots of injuries. A game quickly forgotten.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Very true, everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I just struggle to see how somebody who obviously knows a bit about football is questioning why Barnes is a pro footballer?

OK fair point I've probably exaggerated.

I've got absolutely nothing against the lad, he tries his hardest more often than not but maybe as a young player he needs to learn his trade in a lower league.

Playing in a standard too high for him is going to do nothing for his confidence and career.

I wish him all the best in his career, I just wish he was doing it somewhere else.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
So we lost. Few we're expecting otherwise - wasn't a bad show. Defended well created chances but didn't sneak a goal.

We're still 7th in the Championship as a newly promoted side.

All the negative posters deserve their 'point of view' because perhaps they still believe in unicorns and rainbow pots of gold - but I, for one, am realistic about the fact that we are more than holding our own in a season where mid table consolidation was the only real goal...............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here