Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Middlesbrough v Reading

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Forget everyone else we have to be mentally prepared to win all 5 games , no slip ups, even then we could still finish second....

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Always gonna happen. Always.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must be links to this thread elsewhere...

Screen Shot 2016-04-12 at 22.09.50.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I allowed to say reading are an odious bunch of inbred cants?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can we remind all the Boro fans reading that our whole SQUAD for last nights match cost the same as the woeful Jordan Rhodes? :lol: No pressure on us lads - you should've won the league weeks ago with the money you've spent :wave:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey, do you take prisoners?
:) I just didn't get the logic, that's all.

As you said 2 weeks ago it's Burnley we need to overhaul, and we will
We (as we all know) just need to overhaul one of them. A chance at both of them would be ideal. We're going to drop points, so just have to hope someone drops more. It doesn't look like it's going to be Middlesbrough, so let's just hope it's Burnley.

How's your calculator looking?

Parmo_Jaramillo

Dec 19, 2015
Can we remind all the Boro fans reading that our whole SQUAD for last nights match cost the same as the woeful Jordan Rhodes? :lol: No pressure on us lads - you should've won the league weeks ago with the money you've spent :wave:

We like to keep it late, just to give you some false hope for the last game. Its all part of our evil plan to win this division. Just like the last four times previously we've won it. Not sure how many times Brighton have won it like. :wave:

Rhodes is shit. But to be fair you could have Messi, Suarez and Neymar upfront and they'd all be sitting on three goals each. #Karankaball

I still think its wide-open. The game against Bolton will be classic Boro making a early morning Saturday stroll into a climb up Everest. Burnley do the look the most vulnerable at this stage though. Dyche is an absolute chunt and we all hate him. He's ginger and smells of wee. (Probably.) He really does hate us and stems all the way back to the FA Cup semi-final in 1997 when he was playing for Chesterfield. Was a **** when he came to the Riverside with Watford and was a **** the last two times he's arrived in town.

I can't dislike Brighton though, your manager is nice, you liking knocking Poocastle out of the FA Cup and you don't employ Joey Barton.

This result has no impact on my hopes of us going up, nor should it impact us as a team. In fact I am quite happy if Borough win all their remaining games, I think they will go up as champions. Its Burnley that are most likely to slip up here. Their style is one dimensional and they have just about scraped by the last few games, their run surely must come to an end whereas us and Borough have been through our blip.

They have two tough games coming up and I expect them to drop points.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
This result has no impact on my hopes of us going up, nor should it impact us as a team. In fact I am quite happy if Borough win all their remaining games, I think they will go up as champions. Its Burnley that are most likely to slip up here. Their style is one dimensional and they have just about scraped by the last few games, their run surely must come to an end whereas us and Borough have been through our blip.

They have two tough games coming up and I expect them to drop points.

my thoughts exactly......it's in our hands , have to win our next three games cos the last 2 are gonna be tough......!!!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We like to keep it late, just to give you some false hope for the last game. Its all part of our evil plan to win this division. Just like the last four times previously we've won it. Not sure how many times Brighton have won it like. :wave:

Rhodes is shit. But to be fair you could have Messi, Suarez and Neymar upfront and they'd all be sitting on three goals each. #Karankaball

I still think its wide-open. The game against Bolton will be classic Boro making a early morning Saturday stroll into a climb up Everest. Burnley do the look the most vulnerable at this stage though. Dyche is an absolute chunt and we all hate him. He's ginger and smells of wee. (Probably.) He really does hate us and stems all the way back to the FA Cup semi-final in 1997 when he was playing for Chesterfield. Was a **** when he came to the Riverside with Watford and was a **** the last two times he's arrived in town.

I can't dislike Brighton though, your manager is nice, you liking knocking Poocastle out of the FA Cup and you don't employ Joey Barton.
We'll all be very happy if you beat Burnley next week. I did wonder why you particularly disliked Dyche ( even though he is clearly dislikable ).

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
:) I just didn't get the logic, that's all.

We (as we all know) just need to overhaul one of them. A chance at both of them would be ideal. We're going to drop points, so just have to hope someone drops more. It doesn't look like it's going to be Middlesbrough, so let's just hope it's Burnley.

How's your calculator looking?

There was a logic, twisted maybe. Easy in hindsight but I knew Boro were going to win that, even though they very nearly didn't. I thought if they are going to win then win well and win convincingly. A) I think we have a much much better chance of catching Burnley and B) (if (if if if) that's the case) I'd rather they had nothing to play for when we go up there

Here's the calculator (not predictor - LOL) I'm feeling pretty bullish right now. In isolation I can't see any reason why we shouldn't win all of the next 4, except it will mean 6 on the spin :(

Derby arguably the toughest but by the time they come here they'll be well and truly in play offs and hopefully conserving themselves and avoiding injuries for the upcoming lottery

Off all the matches left for the top 3 the one that bothers me the most is Brum v Burnley. Brum seem to have imploded, nothing now to play for but just hope they can pick themselves up one more time

Football.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There was a logic, twisted maybe. Easy in hindsight but I knew Boro were going to win that, even though they very nearly didn't.
Obviously you didn't know they were going to win, although we all expected them to. But that's not relevant, the question was whether or not we wanted them to win.

A) I think we have a much much better chance of catching Burnley
Agreed.
B) (if (if if if) that's the case) I'd rather they had nothing to play for when we go up there
But, but, but, although it was more likely we'd catch Burnley, if 'brough had lost points yesterday (which is what we wanted) there'd be a reasonable chance of catching them. We have to catch one of two teams. To make it one of one does us no favours.

Here's the calculator (not predictor - LOL) I'm feeling pretty bullish right now. In isolation I can't see any reason why we shouldn't win all of the next 4
You're in dreamland :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here