Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough opinion of us

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I can understand that it must be very hard for their fans. Spend millions, expect to be at the top, although maybe behind Derby, Hull, Burnley and QPR, and finding themselves below a side that was in the relegation fight last year.

But they don't see us for what we really are. A team that was in a false position much of last season due to THE BURKE and THE FINN, yet in the playoffs for the 2 seasons before that.

Let them underestimate us, I for one don't care. For me it's all about winning at Derby on Saturday and taking it from there :rock:

ipad1977

Sep 28, 2015
I can understand that it must be very hard for their fans. Spend millions, expect to be at the top, although maybe behind Derby, Hull, Burnley and QPR, and finding themselves below a side that was in the relegation fight last year.

But they don't see us for what we really are. A team that was in a false position much of last season due to THE BURKE and THE FINN, yet in the playoffs for the 2 seasons before that.

Let them underestimate us, I for one don't care. For me it's all about winning at Derby on Saturday and taking it from there :rock:

Why would it be harder for us for us to take to be in an auto slot with only you guys above us as opposed to being 5th with Derby, Burnley, Hull and QPR sat up top?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would it be harder for us for us to take to be in an auto slot with only you guys above us as opposed to being 5th with Derby, Burnley, Hull and QPR sat up top?
You misunderstand. I didn't mean being behind ALL of Derby, Burnley, Hull, and QPR. I meant that I reckon it is harder to accept being behind us, than to be behind any of those teams which 442 etc. tipped pre-season.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to the next three games more than I have at any point so far this season. Whilst it's not true to say we haven't played anyone good yet it's certainly the case that this is the bumpiest but of road we've faces so far.

Given that I'm excited to see how we match up, how far the run can go and after the second half display on Saturday I'm not ruling anything out.

Plus I quite like both Derby and Boro.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think i was at my lowest point ever as a Brighton supporter last season when we played Derby away , and thats some statement the amount of years i have been following the club , i could not beleive how poor we were and how little that squad seemed to care how poor we played , i remember at the end of the game Hyppia stroll on to the pitch heading toward the away fans , he stopped no doubt aware of the hostility being hurled in his general direction went to shake a players hand and the said player just ran past him , if he did not already know He had lost the dressing room and the fans , he did after that day .

I was fuming , chucked my toys out the pram on the radio waiting at the station at derby then i spotted Mr Bloom on the platform , he looked just how i felt , devastated and let down by the club we love , i did not say anything to him , we shared a quick wtf was that performance on the pitch glance and we both knew something had to change and change quick .

If we lose our record on saturday then so be it , but i will at least know that this current squad are a team and will give their all for our club on the day , and not a bunch of players hastily muddled together in vain hope we could compete in the championship .

So the thought of being in the slightest bothered about how poor we are in the eyes of Boro and other opposing fans means bugger all to me , if they beat us on the day then well done to their team because if they do beat us they will have beaten a very good together Brighton And Hove Albion team , and when the game finishes we still will be a good team whatever the result .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think i was at my lowest point ever as a Brighton supporter last season when we played Derby away , and thats some statement the amount of years i have been following the club , i could not beleive how poor we were and how little that squad seemed to care how poor we played , i remember at the end of the game Hyppia stroll on to the pitch heading toward the away fans , he stopped no doubt aware of the hostility being hurled in his general direction went to shake a players hand and the said player just ran past him , if he did not already know He had lost the dressing room and the fans , he did after that day .

I was fuming , chucked my toys out the pram on the radio waiting at the station at derby then i spotted Mr Bloom on the platform , he looked just how i felt , devastated and let down by the club we love , i did not say anything to him , we shared a quick wtf was that performance on the pitch glance and we both knew something had to change and change quick .

If we lose our record on saturday then so be it , but i will at least know that this current squad are a team and will give their all for our club on the day , and not a bunch of players hastily muddled together in vain hope we could compete in the championship .

So the thought of being in the slightest bothered about how poor we are in the eyes of Boro and other opposing fans means bugger all to me , if they beat us on the day then well done to their team because if they do beat us they will have beaten a very good together Brighton And Hove Albion team , and when the game finishes we still will be a good team whatever the result .

Spot on. My only point is that the board (well Uncle Tone) did not act quickly enough and even tried to get Sami to stay after he tendered his resignation!

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
I get all the we haven't played certain teams.

But let's not forget they are where they are because they haven't played us.

TB

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I get all the we haven't played certain teams.

But let's not forget they are where they are because they haven't played us.

TB
Middlesbrough haven't played Birmingham, Burnley or us.

So very hypocrytical to point the finger at us for 'not playing anyone at the top' [emoji38]ol:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Who gives a shit what other teams think of us. I'm happy for teams to underestimate us. It will be them with egg on their face and their tails tucked firmly between their legs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Been having a look on the Boro forum on and off this season and must say they're not to keen on giving out any praise for our achievements. Recently I've seen comments like "They haven't had any injuries to deal with" and "They haven't played any decent teams yet", and most bizarrely of all "They always seem to be playing at home!" :mad:

Anyway I thought I'd have a look at what they've been saying today. It's quite a contrast to the "Anyone who finishes above Boro will be promoted" sentiment that seems to be the general consesus on here.

Enjoy! (and bear in mind if we do happen to get a result against them in a couple of weeks that it will almost certainly be through pure luck and won't be deserved!)

http://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=4104&pid=424287#pid424287

Having had a go at navigating that site all I can conclude is that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is a legend, end of!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My only point is that the board (well Uncle Tone) did not act quickly enough and even tried to get Sami to stay after he tendered his resignation!
Do we know for a fact he tried to get Sami to stay?

What Tony has done is let managers know they have his support, so players know they have to perform for the manager, because when things go wrong the manager won't be sacked.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
So, we haven't played anyone decent yet?
Here's a few stats for you Boro, of our 19 opponents so far that have been unable to beat us, 9 have been in the top half of the table, at the time we played them, the same amouby as Boro, we took 70% of the available points from those games, Boro have taken 55%.

On 5 occasions we have played teams positioned in the top 6, compared to Boro's 2 occasions, from those games we took 73% of the points, from Boro's 2 games against teams in the top 6 they took.... Well they didn't, they got beaten both times, by Reading who were 3rd at the time and Hull who were top.

So who hasn't played anyone decent?

People who live in glass houses.....

Bet Boro can't wait for their next 3 fixtures :lol:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
So, we haven't played anyone decent yet?
Here's a few stats for you Boro, of our 19 opponents so far that have been unable to beat us, 9 have been in the top half of the table, at the time we played them, the same amouby as Boro.:

What's an amouby.?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I bet they were over the moon at 3:04pm on Saturday.

Yep. I can just imagine them sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday seeing all the FT results coming in and seeing the score line still at 2-1. Little did they know that due to the 8 minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half we would still have about 10 minutes to play. I wonder how many even turned off their TV's as they went out for the evening gently humming "We're top of the league".

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yep. I can just imagine them sitting at home watching Soccer Saturday seeing all the FT results coming in and seeing the score line still at 2-1. Little did they know that due to the 8 minutes of stoppage time at the end of the first half we would still have about 10 minutes to play. I wonder how many even turned off their TV's as they went out for the evening gently humming "We're top of the league".

I hope so...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Do we know for a fact he tried to get Sami to stay?

What Tony has done is let managers know they have his support, so players know they have to perform for the manager, because when things go wrong the manager won't be sacked.

Yes. Tone was on his way to Oz for the winter and cut his trip short to get him to stay.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Business in Middlesbrough is still dominated by the nearby chemical industry, I suggest that most of those fans have been sniffing far too many chemicals get real and sober up! :wrong:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here