Middlesbrough opinion of us

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ive been a supporter of chelsea since my first game aged two in 1967, i know weve got fickle fans , my point is so have brighton, i respect those that turned up at withdean , i did a couple of games myself , but there are 18 thousand odd who DIDNT make the effort , so holier than thou posts about ''plastics'' from other teams just make me smile, there were also some pretty piss poor gates during the Goldstone years as well, so Withdean cant be used as a sole excuse.

My view is that anyone who stops going to football because it's shite, cold, wet and miserable are the ones who have it right.

Those of us who go to Crewe on a Tuesday night for an away game have no right to crow over anyone else, it's not a great achievement, in fact it's not an achievement at all.

People have a limited amount of money to spend. If they spend it on the Albion/Boro/Chelsea etc that's fine. If they spend it on a new game for the Xbox or a curry with the family then that's fine too.

Any set of fans who play the superiority card due to attendance levels need their bumps felt, and also had better expect to be shot down in flames when some of their team's historical attendances are shown to be a bit bobbins too.

Except Manchester United, they have a huge percentage of ***** supporting that team.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
My view is that anyone who stops going to football because it's shite, cold, wet and miserable are the ones who have it right.

Those of us who go to Crewe on a Tuesday night for an away game have no right to crow over anyone else, it's not a great achievement, in fact it's not an achievement at all.

People have a limited amount of money to spend. If they spend it on the Albion/Boro/Chelsea etc that's fine. If they spend it on a new game for the Xbox or a curry with the family then that's fine too.

Any set of fans who play the superiority card due to attendance levels need their bumps felt, and also had better expect to be shot down in flames when some of their team's historical attendances are shown to be a bit bobbins too.

Except Manchester United, they have a huge percentage of ***** supporting that team.
spot on EP.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How did you do yesterday? Did you turn up or turncoat?
I did ask if you needed a little help with the quote function, as it seems you still havent mastered it old boy,anyway as for yesterday ?? I was at the amex, with my kids , as I am for pretty much every home match, and have been for the past 3 seasons , you ?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Did you seriously expect that shitehole to be filled to 8800 capacity in the last 4 years or so?
Expensive tickets to get soaked mostly in the bottom divisions in a horrific stadium mmm.

Even the away fans gave it a miss as it was so shite.

It was a miracle we even had the ball boys turning up. Calling Withdean a football stadium was a massive misconception. Portacabin toilets alongside the constant drip of the trees above made it feel more like a SAS training session than a football stadium.
I remember when we beat Milwall (3-0 i think) who were top of the league. It completely tipped it down. I remember everyone trying to squeeze into the toilets at halftime for some shelter and warmth. You could see the fun really had been took out of the win due to the weather completely drenching all the fans.

Looking back, we did remarkably well to even bring 2,000 fans in let alone 5 to 7,000.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Many opinions on opposition fans forums have mainly followed a familiar pattern. Assume we have been lucky, assume we haven't played anyone decent, assume we really can't be that good because of our winning by 1 stats, assume we will go into free fall when we lose, assume we haven't had any major injuries, assume we can't stay the course.

After playing us the views generally switch to, we are very a good side, we will be there at the death, very well organised, some top quality players, can see why we are undefeated.

If one of the pre season favourites had our undefeated record and points total they would be lorded as a promotion certainty but I'm sure at some point oppo fans may eventually realise that we are top and undefeated on merit!

Personally don't give a 'monkeys' what opponents think.. we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we're top of the league !! :rave:

I tend to agree with this. Would they have cared about playing Brighton last season? No. We are a force and people don't like us now. I like that.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Agreed - but then I can afford to be magnanimous on this, as I am clearly a more dedicated supporter than you !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports