Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Middlesbrough opinion of us

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
To just defend BHAFC, we probably, no definitely, have less people in the Amex than we ever had in Withdean (% wise), but we are still the top three side to see in England outside of the Prem. Our support is nothing short of phenomenal and I find it hard to swallow seeing our own supporters complaining about it. There has been a million threads about this, but at the end of the day, we are a hugely supported club, whatever the idiots want to say.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Wouldn't that also rely upon the opposition supporters turning up?

PS is it true you were a Chelsea supporter when we were at Withdean?
Yes it is , the same as its true now . as for your comment about the opposition supporters there werent 2500 spaces allocated to them were there ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Many opinions on opposition fans forums have mainly followed a familiar pattern. Assume we have been lucky, assume we haven't played anyone decent, assume we really can't be that good because of our winning by 1 stats, assume we will go into free fall when we lose, assume we haven't had any major injuries, assume we can't stay the course.

After playing us the views generally switch to, we are very a good side, we will be there at the death, very well organised, some top quality players, can see why we are undefeated.

If one of the pre season favourites had our undefeated record and points total they would be lorded as a promotion certainty but I'm sure at some point oppo fans may eventually realise that we are top and undefeated on merit!

Personally don't give a 'monkeys' what opponents think.. we're Brighton and Hove Albion and we're top of the league !! :rave:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Probably. The main question is, was he a supporter of Chelsea back in 1989 when they were averaging gates of 15,000 in the 2nd tier?
Ive been a supporter of chelsea since my first game aged two in 1967, i know weve got fickle fans , my point is so have brighton, i respect those that turned up at withdean , i did a couple of games myself , but there are 18 thousand odd who DIDNT make the effort , so holier than thou posts about ''plastics'' from other teams just make me smile, there were also some pretty piss poor gates during the Goldstone years as well, so Withdean cant be used as a sole excuse.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Ive been a supporter of chelsea since my first game aged two in 1967, i know weve got fickle fans , my point is so have brighton, i respect those that turned up at withdean , i did a couple of games myself , but there are 18 thousand odd who DIDNT make the effort , so holier than thou posts about ''plastics'' from other teams just make me smile, there were also some pretty piss poor gates during the Goldstone years as well, so Withdean cant be used as a sole excuse.

You've got to give us credit. Plastic fans are usually associated with Prem football. We're not in the Prem and yet we've been averaging very big crowds for nearly half a decade now. Plastics are supposed to come and go, it seems Brighton's are staying.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Many opinions on opposition fans forums have mainly followed a familiar pattern. Assume we have been lucky, assume we haven't played anyone decent, assume we really can't be that good because of our winning by 1 stats, assume we will go into free fall when we lose, assume we haven't had any major injuries, assume we can't stay the course.

After playing us the views generally switch to, we are very a good side, we will be there at the death, very well organised, some top quality players, can see why we are undefeated.
:

Agreed, we were of a similar view about Burnley two seasons ago.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Sorry Bozza, but there were periods at Withdean when a lack of 'bums on seats' was becoming an issue. Champions league nights tended to bring in the worst attendances. The wings of the South stand usually had empty seats.

You make it out as if we packed out the Withdean every season, which isn't true.
Did you seriously expect that shitehole to be filled to 8800 capacity in the last 4 years or so?
Expensive tickets to get soaked mostly in the bottom divisions in a horrific stadium mmm.

Even the away fans gave it a miss as it was so shite.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You've got to give us credit. Plastic fans are usually associated with Prem football. We're not in the Prem and yet we've been averaging very big crowds for nearly half a decade now. Plastics are supposed to come and go, it seems Brighton's are staying.
Look at hull...
Get 15/16k in the championship and sell out in the prem.Many clubs see a 30%+ drop as these fans don't like the championship.

We certainly are doing fantastic

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the most important question is "Why the f*ck do people still care about attendances?"

:shrug:

Absolutely. I heard a 'football finance expert' on Radio Five Live two weeks ago. I could have sworn he said 'for a small club such as Crystal Palace in the Premier League income from match day attendances only contributes 10% of their total revenue".

No idea who he was though, probably a Northern Monkey.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
For sure Boro fan doesn't seem to know what he is talking about. There are always going to be naive fans like the Ipswich banner. Which is a shame considering so many fans do realise what we have been through as a club and for that reason they do want us to do well. Its nice to have so many fans from others clubs behind us.

However Im beginning to think that many of our fans have a chip on their shoulder that fans from our promotion rivals don't understand why we are doing so well. Considering we done so badly last year and didn't spend £19 million.

To me that's their problem not ours. Besides "1-0 to the underdogs!" Or "We are the underdogs" Has a nice ring to it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here