Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Flanagan

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Don't think so. Has he said this publicly? He has v. little interest in football, to my knowledge.

S

there was an attachment with Mike Flanagan who played for Crystal Palace in the late 70's and had an amazing barnet. You'd have needed to open it. Never mind.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
I have been hearing people say "out out" for literally decades. It's quite a common thing well before Flanagan ripped it off.

Bit harsh, I think. Surely this is what observational comedy is about - spotting the similarities in ordinary peoples lives, and finding the humour in it, thus creating a large audience. This is exactly what Peter Kay does, and Michael McIntyre. Ripping it off implies that another comedian has done this routine before.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Agree with this
I find him very funny, he does come across as a geezer and im sure he used to work in the fish or meat market in London.

Billingsgate.

He is actually a nice bloke, he used to do regular spots at the hobgoblin in Forest Hill before he really hit it big. Now lives down in Dulwich, he will still stop and chat to anyone.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
On the comedy theme, I re-watched a couple of Al Murray's gigs on Netflix the other day. Had forgotten how good they were.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've only seen a very limited amount of him so am no authority but there was a horrible advert for his live show on Talksport every other minute not so long ago with some bog standard routine about wigs.

He strikes me as a "common man's" McIntyre i.e. decent observational comedy but no real original ideas of his own. I'm not suprised he's popular, the stuff he does has mass market appeal and it's not awful. Much like MM.

It's all opinions though eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here