Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Flanagan

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I've heard it said by more than one stand up comedian that comedy is the 'new rock and roll'........

Well you'd think some of them would have the decency to go the same way as some of 60's and 70's Music boys then wouldn't you ?

Micky F ? Very average.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I saw him at The Dome when he was on the Michael McIntyre show and he did the "out out" routine, which did make me laugh. Every time I've seen him since then he hasn't been anywhere near as good IMO and a I rarely find him funny.

I saw him then and thought he was really good. However the Out Out tour showed how little material he had and that his schtick grates over a full length show.

Reg D Hunter's the same for me, very good over a 10-15 minute set but I wouldn't watch a full length show by them again

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Comedy for middle aged couples that go out twice a year, once at Christmas and once to see Mickey Flanagan. A mediocre talent.

Seen Jim Jeffries live a couple of times about 5 years ago and loved it, started to watch his latest dvd the other day, Alchopocalypse (?) and turned off after about 15 mins, just didn't find it funny anymore.

Rhod Gilbert was very funny on his "work experience" program and he's good on the wireless but his full length stage show rants wear a little thin.

Been watching a lot of Doug Stanhope recently. One of the best in the business, a world away from your Flanagans or Bishops. Louis CK is very good too or closer to home I think Matt Berry is bang on.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Comedy for middle aged couples that go out twice a year, once at Christmas and once to see Mickey Flanagan. A mediocre talent.

Seen Jim Jeffries live a couple of times about 5 years ago and loved it, started to watch his latest dvd the other day, Alchopocalypse (?) and turned off after about 15 mins, just didn't find it funny anymore.

Rhod Gilbert was very funny on his "work experience" program and he's good on the wireless but his full length stage show rants wear a little thin.

Been watching a lot of Doug Stanhope recently. One of the best in the business, a world away from your Flanagans or Bishops. Louis CK is very good too or closer to home I think Matt Berry is bang on.

Doug Stanhope's podcast is excellent. It's rougher than the stand up, even more ranty (and sometimes incoherent) but well worth it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's entirely mainstream.

I dunno about that, I can't see Michael McIntyre doing Micky's American pronunciation "Come In My 'Ause / Cum In Your Ass?" routine.

"Out Out" is a classic sketch, it's now passed into common usage. A friend of mine went to a girlie lunch, it went on all afternoon and she ended up in a cocktail bar all evening. Facebook status update went: "I went Out. Now I'm Out Out".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have been hearing people say "out out" for literally decades. It's quite a common thing well before Flanagan ripped it off.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Don't think so. Has he said this publicly? He has v. little interest in football, to my knowledge.

S

On the hush, as you are like, in the know.. any dirt worth dishing ?, anonymously, of course and off the record.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
On the hush, as you are like, in the know.. any dirt worth dishing ?, anonymously, of course and off the record.

I'll ask him. To be honest, it would hurt him more to nail his colours to the mast as his audience are the kind who'd give him stick about it, so even if he used to (and he never said anything when I used to harp on about the Albion), I doubt he'd mention it now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here