Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams sacked

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Not a surprise but sad for the guy.

It's never really happened for him since his first stint with us - and just when he was getting some semblence of sucess at Vale he jumped at the worst possible moment.

This.

Plus he is a nice guy.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is a nice guy but if he had stayed at Port Vale he would probably still have a job and maybe heading into league 1.

I'm gutted for him but Sheff Utd was never a wise move

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
My estimation of him went big time when he said on the radio, in his second spell with us, that we wernt supposed to beat teams like Leeds, it just showed that he never really understood the Albion or our fans expectations !!

I agree with this. Despite having a season ticket and attending games, I completely lost interest in him and this was compounded by his "the players need a cuddle" comment. His second stint was awful. Unfortunately, he always looks a somewhat sad and dejected figure on the touchline these days. I think in the modern game, his approach doesn't suit the higher echelons of the game and he is now destined to be a L2/lower L1 manager.

HOWEVER, I will never forget what he did for the club in his first spell in charge. What he achieved on the budget and infrastructure was astonishing and Brighton wouldn't be where they are today without his contribution. By getting us promoted and laying the foundations to winning the league above, he pushed the Albion back into public consciousness and I'll always be grateful.

I wish him luck, but hope he doesn't manage the Albion again...

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He is a nice guy but if he had stayed at Port Vale he would probably still have a job and maybe heading into league 1.

I'm gutted for him but Sheff Utd was never a wise move

Unwise, yes, but also irresistable to him as a fan of the club.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
This.

Plus he is a nice guy.

Yes he is a nice guy, but sometimes you have to respect a contract, which he seems incapable of doing as soon as somebody with greener grass comes along.

He left us for Leicester, he left Port vale for Sheff Utd.

When Paul Lambert was offered the Burnley job, did he jump for the extra money and qudos?

Now that Ian Holloway has been offered the West Ham job, has he jumped the sinking ship?

Neither did/have. They respected their contracts, and hopefully, as well as Lambert, Holloway will be rewarded by staying in the Premiership (at the expense of the Hammers hopefully)

Any chap who kindly sells us Zamora for £100k is a top bloke in my mind.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
HOWEVER, I will never forget what he did for the club in his first spell in charge. What he achieved on the budget and infrastructure was astonishing .

We had one of the biggest budgets in the division. We may have had a crap ground but we had a decent budget. He did well to get us the title but it would have been failure not to have got promoted with the team we had.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I still scratch my head and ponder how he was so brilliant in his first spell with us, but had turned into such utter turd by his second spell.

Chalk and Cheese....

Maybe it was Zamora, and Zamora alone, wot did it first time around.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I still scratch my head and ponder how he was so brilliant in his first spell with us, but had turned into such utter turd by his second spell.

Chalk and Cheese....

Zamora and a bunch of good/experienced players he knew from previous clubs.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
He needs a hug - but he's fooled himself twice now, and that is VERY foolish.

Get a club to achieve success, win over the players and fans, get well involved with the town...then leave for what looks like a prestige job with a 'big' club and a team you're basically stuck with.

Mickey has done it TWICE - who is going to hug him after that? :shootself

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Yes he is a nice guy, but sometimes you have to respect a contract, which he seems incapable of doing as soon as somebody with greener grass comes along.

Now that Ian Holloway has been offered the West Ham job, has he jumped the sinking ship?

Neither did/have. They respected their contracts, and hopefully, as well as Lambert, Holloway will be rewarded by staying in the Premiership (at the expense of the Hammers hopefully)

Any chap who kindly sells us Zamora for £100k is a top bloke in my mind.

Holloway may have learnt his lesson from jumping ship a few years back from Plymouth to Leicester. Did himself no favours.

Sadly for Adams, it may be too late for him to change his ways.

Chalk and Cheese....

Mickey got lucky with Zamora. Leaving us & jumping ship thereafter wherever he goes, culminating in a dire second term here shows he is a yesterday's man. Will be lucky to get a job as a number 1 in the football league.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He needs a hug - but he's fooled himself twice now, and that is VERY foolish.

Get a club to achieve success, win over the players and fans, get well involved with the town...then leave for what looks like a prestige job with a 'big' club and a team you're basically stuck with.

Mickey has done it TWICE - who is going to hug him after that? :shootself

Thats a very, very good point

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Ever grateful for giving us a league title and laying the foundations of the next title...but what made him a top man in my book he came down to one of our protest at Labour Party conference and stood with the fans,the very next day Leicester had a match...he did care about Brighton.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I don't think it helped, having that clown Cork, with him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He must be gutted - its is his club. He let his heart rule his head by taking that job it was always going to end in failure especially when Port Vale were doing so well when he was there. He will end up somewhere in League 2 next season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here