Micky Adams back as manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I AM f***ing STUNNED!

WHAT THE f*** IS DICK KNIGHT DOING???

I STUCK UP FOR DICK KNIGHT, EVEN THOUGH HE f***ed WILKINS ABOUT AND INTERFERED FAR TO MUCH.

DICK KNIGHT YOU ARE A TOTAL ****

f*** OFF YOU INTERFERRING OLD ****.

I love this club and have done for as long as I can remember, but I am so pissed off what has happened, and as much as I love the Albion I half want this to fail. If the **** (new name for Knight) has done this to get bums of seats, here's one arse that aint going to sit at Withdean again.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Very very shocked about this news, i was hoping this might happen one day but im stunned it actually has! Micky is a GOD i would quite happily sex him!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I also have a feeling the money men and backers of the club and Falmer did not overflow with confidence Wilkins would ever do anything at the club. Adams is the big name, fans favourite, with a track record that would get them to get their wallets out.

That pretty much sums up how I feel about the whole thing.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Wilkins was not up to the job of getting this club promoted. We probably would have regressed next season. Wilkins would not have got us promoted before Falmer. Adams is by far an all round better manager than Wilkins so its a good decision.

wilkins was up to the job The great DICK KNIGHT could not keep his bloody nose out

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I've asked Piers, and I'll ask you - what form did this interference take?

Well there was all the business with Dean Hammond, and him coming out publicly saying George O'Callaghan would never play for the club again. That looks like interference and undermining your manager to me.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
OH MY GOD!

I'm stunned. I'm happy that Adams is back because he's a legend.

BUT - It's a REDICULOUS DECISION. How are young managers supposed to make it these days? Even when they do well, they're replaced. Complete and utter joke.

Thank you Dean Wilkins. I'm gutted that a club you love so much could do this to you.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hopefully, with Micky back in charge Knight will just let him get on with the job of managing.

Clearly, when money is tight, the chairman has to make some tough calls on contracts, and it is clear the communication between the players, agents, manager and chairman was not the best.

We didn't seem to have as much back-biting and contract wrangling under Adams than we've had in recent years.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Disgrace.

What has Adams done in the last few years to deserve this? He left US and now we're the ones funding his pension. Wilkins should walk. Poor, poor sod.

I look forward to hoofball next year. Will be interesting to see what Adams can do without Zamora...

woodster

Jul 18, 2003
feel really sorry for Deano. this need not of happened. no doubt there will be some within the backroom staff who are pleased.

can not see him staying now.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What absolutely disgraceful treatment of Wilkins.

He has taken us forward quite a long way in 12 months, and done it with our usual lack of cash (yes £300k for Murray, but our transfer deals in January were made at a profit, there was no investment of cash there).

It's as if the club has suddenly been run with all the intelligence of this board.

*shocked*

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Very sorry to see Dean Wilkins lose the managerial position under these circumstances, however, its the right decision. The financial report that was out the other day about us losing 2.8million, we need a bumper crowd each week to keep us going til falmer. Wilkins is a coach, not a manager, and i desperately hope he stays on to help keep bringing the young players through to the first team. Delighted to see Micky back at the club, and wish him all the best.

Lastly, thanks to all the work you put in for the club Dean :clap:

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Well there was all the business with Dean Hammond, and him coming out publicly saying George O'Callaghan would never play for the club again. That looks like interference and undermining your manager to me.

please please will people now realise what that stupid old bastard is about

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
I've just got in and read all this and I'm bloody stunned. I think there is way more to this than meets the eye and I'm sure all the sordid details will eventually surface. Having Micky Adams and Dean Wilkins (should he stay) working together will be an impressive partnership and will probably achieve Championship promotion next season.

Dick Knight is doing what is best for the club and those decisions are not just his. The board of directors will also have been involved, it's just that Dick is the spokesperson. To those people who think Wilkins has been shabbily treated, B&HA is a business. Tough decisions have to be made, restructuring can be suddenly announced, etc, etc. Wilkins has two choices. He can leave, or he can work with Adams at a club he loves and help push them on to greater thnigs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports