Micky Adams back as manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
We'll we've somehow got to find a way to break this to our dad.

He's very poorly in hospital at the moment and as much as he loved Adams he's never ever forgiven him for leaving last time :D

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's on teletext now. Which for me at least means that it's REAL.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm genuinely amazed. It just goes to show how us fans on the outside know pretty much f*** all about the moving and shaking at our own club.

I'm wondering what Wilkins will do now. I can see why Knight has offered the manager job to Adams, but has he been too hasty in offering the coach position to Wilkins? What are the likes of Lynch, Elphick, Cox, El-Abd going to make of the demotion - they are Wilkins men.

The job for Adams is not as straightforward as it seems. He'll do well to bring in players better than the likes of Richards, Westlake, Whing, Murray and Forster - all Wilkins appointments.

These are exciting times. The bottom line for me is that whilst Wilkins was doing a good job I didn't believe he would be the manager to take us back into the Championship. You've got to admire Knight's balls!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
OMG - just drifting off to sleep with radio 5 live and suddenly it's on the 11.30 news. Bolt out of bed, see 3 late night texts arrived, wife thinks someone's died at first I'm so speechless "No, no....he's back, he's back, he's coming home!" I splutter out hardly able to contain my excitement before rushing downstairs to read ceefax, log on and double check the net. Wow, wet dreams everyone!!! :thumbsup::lolol:

We'll we've somehow got to find a way to break this to our dad.

He's very poorly in hospital at the moment and as much as he loved Adams he's never ever forgiven him for leaving last time :D
Tell him that this means that Falmer is definitely happening and that Micky Adams will lead out the team for the first game.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I am in a state of shock at the moment. Firstly, Wilkins deserves a LOT of credit for what he has achieved this season. He built a team that, with a few additions looks likely to be promotion material.

However, the return of Adams makes me nothing less than absolutely ecstatic. I'm just remembering back at school how upset I was when I found out he left and now he's back! Adams is a figurehead, someone with real presence and personality. His quotes on the albion website made me quite emotional to be perfectly honest. The fairweather fans will be back, the status of the club will rise, and I can see this situation turning out to be nothing less than a great success.

:ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Bloody Hell. Just winding down for a good nights kip then stumble across this bombshell! So it looks like the rumours of player / manager relations being poor were true. Shame we have lost Hart, Reid, Mayo, etc before Adams arrived. I wonder if he had a say in it?

Tomorrow we will be reading of Zamoras return - well maybe not!

Or when Reading get relegated at the weekend maybe even Coppout!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I also have a feeling the money men and backers of the club and Falmer did not overflow with confidence Wilkins would ever do anything at the club. Adams is the big name, fans favourite, with a track record that would get them to get their wallets out.

I'm wondering what Wilkins will do now. I can see why Knight has offered the manager job to Adams, but has he been too hasty in offering the coach position to Wilkins? What are the likes of Lynch, Elphick, Cox, El-Abd going to make of the demotion - they are Wilkins men.

Maybe Adams can move them all up to the next level? Maybe they've all had it a bit cozy with Wilkins as their manager-seeing as how they've all (including Wilkins in a way) grown up together?

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Mixed emotions in the Taz Household.
Gutted DW has gone, liked the bloke, thought he did a brilliant job, 7th with virtually no managerial experience. Good luck DW whatever you decide.
But....Love Mr Adams! Welcome Home!!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
only time will tell with this one !
I love Micky, but i thought Wilkins had done a decent job.

Cant believe it, very brave of the board, but tough decisions have to be made at times.

Good luck and welcome back Micky

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ABSOLUTE LEGEND. :bowdown:

Attachments

• 1728310.jpg
    1728310.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 385

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports