Micky Adams back as manager

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wilkins is a decent coach but he is not a manager. I've said before there was a real problem with him regularly losing the confidence of the players and on many occasioins losing the dressing rooom. Players have come out and said this and it was also stated to me by a good source that works closely with the players day to day. Decent, honest bloke but lacks basic man mangement skills. Don't know if dick's done the right thing with MA, but time will tell. Exciting times.

Man management skills, what does that exactly mean ?

Keeping players employed when he felt they were no longer needed ?

He got the team to 7th in the league, with most he devoloped throughout his time as youth coach.

And as for your source, if we accept that it isnt his coaching staff, who is this experienced footballing source of yours that is qualified to comment ?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
It seems to me that things have been going on in the background for some time...there was the big upheaval and upset around Christmas when a lot of things got said and now in the past few weeks we hear of players being treated shabbily and Wendy not turning up at matches due to a 'virus'.

So I think there has probably been stuff going on behind the scenes that I trust DK to have monitored and now rectified at the best possible time in my opinion. Micky has now got the whole close season to bring new players in etc. I am a bit worried about us as fans expecting too much of him but he's Brighton through and through and for that reason I'm delighted to see him return.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
If Wilkins was aware and accepts the coaching role it will be even better. A quality coach and a quality manager.
Micky Adams will get the club on track and would never have left in the first place if Falmer was on the horizon. I think it is a great appointment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
One, that's not a fact that we know (though it may well be the case), and secondly, I spoke of people OUTSIDE the club not knowing.

Last I heard, coaching staff were 'inside' the club.

So it's not wrong.

Jeeeez your precious.

He found out tonight and the coaching staff didnt know until tonight, absolutely not even an inkling.

Thats all, it aint a fight.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If Wilkins was aware and accepts the coaching role it will be even better. A quality coach and a quality manager.
Micky Adams will get the club on track and would never have left in the first place if Falmer was on the horizon. I think it is a great appointment.

welcome back mate.....

First Adams now you....woooohooooo

Chris Higgins ( the pompey scum) sends his regards

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Never go back, it always ends in tears.
Genuinely, with all respect, I just don't think that that necessarily has to follow - there's no intrinsic reason why "going back" is bad, really. I agree, Adams hasn't exactly torn up trees in the higher divisions. But something wasn't quite right last season either - I think we underachieved given what we had. It's very, very bold move.

And people, please (this isn't aimed at all at you Piers): if this works out well, some of you may have enough egg on your faces to make an omelette big enough for John Prescott to vom right back up again. Let's. Just. Wait. And. See. Eh? It could - just could - be great.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
so Guy , who would have been to training every day, is wrong and you are right...is that what you are saying?

No I doubt that no-one was in training unless injured maybe.

They are in to prepare for next season, maybe not every day but he hasnt been away.

Renns

Renns Junior
Nov 8, 2006
Huddersfield/Birmingham
What the hell! My mate just txt me and i had to check because i didn't believe him!
Feel very sorry for Wilkins, he has done a great job IMO especially in bringing in new faces ie forster and murray! The only good thing i think is that Adams has more experience as a manager. But will it be as good as the 1st time he was here?

Sums up this club really, so UNPREDICTABLE!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
f*** me pop onto the internet before bed, see whats going on on NSC whos arguing with who, now this bombshell, im going to be up half the f***ing night! plus i woke up half my street with f***ing HELL, f*** OFF, NO REALLY f*** OFF, o it is true.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Man management skills, what does that exactly mean ?

Keeping players employed when he felt they were no longer needed ?

He got the team to 7th in the league, with most he devoloped throughout his time as youth coach.

And as for your source, if we accept that it isnt his coaching staff, who is this experienced footballing source of yours that is qualified to comment ?

Man management means exactly that. Managing people and players on and off the pitch. To lead from the front.

And yes, coaching staff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports