Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mick McManus RIP

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
I knew Mick quite well - a lovely man - who promoted wrestling too after he gave up competing. I could never work out his hair which seemed to be painted on, but what a gentleman. Part of the fabric of World of Sport in the 70's and 80's. He gave us good memories, along with Big Daddy, Kendo Nagasaki, Giant Haystacks and the inimtable Gorgeous George...... RIP MIck

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Saturday afternoons before Sky, Internet etc.

Wrestling was essential viewing, was between the horse racing and the vidiprinter with the football scores where you had the tension as that funny machine would type out team names and you'd hope & pray for the right result.

Mick McManus was the panto nasty, the one all the old dears (including my mum!) would get so wound up about. he would also come so close to losing but win in the end by some dastardly deed. Wrestling, such fun. RIP.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Saturday afternoons before Sky, Internet etc.

Wrestling was essential viewing, was between the horse racing and the vidiprinter with the football scores where you had the tension as that funny machine would type out team names and you'd hope & pray for the right result.

Mick McManus was the panto nasty, the one all the old dears (including my mum!) would get so wound up about. he would also come so close to losing but win in the end by some dastardly deed. Wrestling, such fun. RIP.

This sums it up for me, must be of similar age group..... 21! :blush: ........ so much of my past, passing on these days :( RIP M Mc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here