Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mick McManus RIP

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Stood next to him in the Plough at Pyecombe and he was a lot smaller than he looked on tv. Was it him related to Reg Gutteridge or was that Jackie Pallow?

That was Jackie Pallo.

Some of my earliest memories are of watching Mick on TV. I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago, he was a total gent. Made time for everyone who wanted to speak to him and was very pleasant, he still looked exactly like he did on TV with his slicked back black hair.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Those pussies in the UFC wouldn't last 2 seconds against Catweazle.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
That was Jackie Pallo.

Some of my earliest memories are of watching Mick on TV. I was lucky enough to meet him a few years ago, he was a total gent. Made time for everyone who wanted to speak to him and was very pleasant, he still looked exactly like he did on TV with his slicked back black hair.

Was he still wearing his black trunks?

Was it Alan Kilby?

That's the puppy.

01.jpg

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
:down: what a shame , I used to enjoy watching the wrestling . The royals , cry baby Sid cooper , the black guy with the head butt aaahhh memories . What about the lady who sat in the front row dressed as the queen :)

Johnny Kwango, billed from Lagos in Nigeria, but I believe he hailed from Lewisham.

Incidentally little known fact the late Mr McManus was one of the most senior freemasons in this country.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Mick, looks like you have finally gone to a submission.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Great thread. Even though I was too young to remember the wrestling on a Saturday afternoon on ITV, when WWF became massive with the likes of Hulk Hogan and Hacksaw Jim Duggan etc, it was brilliant entertainment.

Always remember getting a detention in geography for copying an armlock on someone at school. :lolol:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
:down: what a shame , I used to enjoy watching the wrestling . The royals , cry baby Sid cooper , the black guy with the head butt aaahhh memories . What about the lady who sat in the front row dressed as the queen :)

Helen Mirren? Did she keep shouting STFU?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was he still wearing his black trunks?

No he was dressed in a suit, he may have had his trunks on underneath I didn't ask :p. If he didn't they'd have been in the back of his car, no wrestler worth their salt ever turns up to a show, even in a non-wrestling capacity, without their gear in the boot just in-case someone no-shows.

Last edited:

I remember watching the Saturday afternoon wrestling, when I was a kid. What always struck me was the large numbers of old ladies in the front rows, going mental.

My parents lounge would look like a bomb site after the wrestling was over, upturned armchairs, cushions hanging off lounge lights, paintings all askew and very commonly blood splatters on walls with the youngest of 4 brothers (me) usually in tears.

Happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here