Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michel Kuipers.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Outstanding... :clap:

I can imagine Beach Hut and the other knockers are furiously rewinding the tape and replaying to try and find a fault in his performance... Good luck lads!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Was it the TV or the new management? That is not how he usually plays? Top performance, really dominated the box and it made a huge difference to our defence- they weren't uncertain.

On another note, I hope Tunnicliffe keeps his place, Virgo keeps his (on the bench) and Crofts keeps his armband. Him and Dicker were excellent tonight. The whole team were!

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Was it the TV or the new management? That is not how he usually plays? Top performance, really dominated the box and it made a huge difference to our defence- they weren't uncertain.

On another note, I hope Tunnicliffe keeps his place, Virgo keeps his (on the bench) and Crofts keeps his armband. Him and Dicker were excellent tonight. The whole team were!

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
Great performance although got nervous when he ran off chasing the ball towards the touchline....but then distributed pretty well.

Has he ever saved a penalty though? Can't remember the last? Not that many keepers would have got near Lamberts.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He's our no.1 keeper - and showed why today - and NO, he isn't the greatest in the world or the greatest of all time, but he is definitely our best one, and should stay as our no.1 until we can get someone in who is better (which we clearly haven't at the moment).

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
im his greatest fan but hes been well out of form lately and deserved to be dropped. However, when hes on song like today hes good enough for this division. If he can play like that for virtually the rest of the season then he deserves his place, well done michel keep it up mate!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Anyone who thinks he has gone needs to think again. Smith is not even in the same league. Kuipers is still one of the best keepers in the division and today he totally dominated his box. I wouldn't swop him for anyone.

Outstanding.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
It was a goalkeeping masterclass from Mich today. he made some fantastic saves and some excellent catches in a dominant performance. i loved it when he tipped the corner away then ran after it and smashed it downfield...class

I'm Steve Penney

Nov 1, 2009
Anyone who thinks he has gone needs to think again. Smith is not even in the same league. Kuipers is still one of the best keepers in the division and today he totally dominated his box. I wouldn't swop him for anyone.

Outstanding.

To be fair I think you'll find that Buzz (Smith) is more of a keeper than Kuipers, however he has yet to find his feet since his move to the south coast. And if Kuipers keeps performing as he did today he will find it hard to get back in.

But give the lad time and you'll see that I am right!

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
As a Kuipers doubter of long standing
He had a great game but concentrated on his strength-shot stopping,unlike his usual habit on concentrating on crowd pleasing,his tendancy to out grobbelar-grobbelar-to make every save a spectacular and often f***ing up in the process.
Welll done Kuipers.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i knew that performance would give somebadger a hardon :lolol: it was good though, but will he perform the same next week and the week after... on a good day he is tremendous, however inconsistancy is why he plays at this level. but he's our player and even the doubters need to just put up and learn to love him.

Kicking still a bit suss,

it always has been and i dont think that will ever change now. another reason he's playing at this level

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here