Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michał Karbownik

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I hear this often, and suspect the reason that we don't is that Potter thinks there are aspects of his game that need working on before he can make the 18 more regularly.

Perhaps and he does see him every day etc.....

But, the best test is to play at the level and work from there. The Leicester game he was fine, although he was on the right. Now we’re safe there is an opportunity to ‘blood’ a couple without weakening the team.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I am sure Mr Potter as part of a general chat that included this lad when he said a couple of weeks ago that some players need time to settle

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
One thing Potter cannot be criticized for is not giving young players a chance. If Karbownik isn't playing its because GP doesn't think he's quite ready. He sees a lot more of him than we do.

Yes - though he did play him in cup against Leicester, and is apparently good enough to be on the bench....

Machi

Sep 18, 2020
Hove
He will play more next season. I don't think he will be loaned out. He need to adapt, he need to follow up physically and mentally. It was a lot of pressure on Potter and team recently - not the best time to introduce new players and do experiments with squad. Karbo is still a wonderkid and still have a huge potential, we have to be patient with him

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He looks very lightweight in under 23 games. Not quite ready

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He looks very lightweight in under 23 games. Not quite ready

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

I've not seen any U23 games so cannot comment on that, but I don't think GP would put someone he considered 'lightweight' on the bench tonight.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It isn't an uncommon trait for Potter especially with younger players, MacAllister is a prime example of allowing the player to get up to speed before being thrown in at the deep end. I would argue Moder has played more than would've been expected because he has preformed very well in training since his arrival

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've not seen any U23 games so cannot comment on that, but I don't think GP would put someone he considered 'lightweight' on the bench tonight.

I don’t think there was much choice. Potter does put a few players on the bench he has no intention of playing.

After a 6 month assessment, I suspect Karbo will be handed a loan in this County next season to aid his development. He is still very young and obviously needs to develop some aspects to his game before he is unleashed on the Premier League. Sanchez’s route to the 1st team might be a model.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don’t think there was much choice. Potter does put a few players on the bench he has no intention of playing.

After a 6 month assessment, I suspect Karbo will be handed a loan in this County next season to aid his development. He is still very young and obviously needs to develop some aspects to his game before he is unleashed on the Premier League. Sanchez’s route to the 1st team might be a model.

I’m assuming this is a typo and you don’t mean Crawley Town? He might not quite be ready for regular Premier League starts, but I don’t think we’d be recalling this Polish International from Legia Warsaw to play in League 2!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
His agent did a recent interview in Poland which suggested he may not be to happy, Man City also wanted to sign him and he chose us for game time. I’ve no idea if this was a dig there was bit more about the transfer fee and how he really went on the cheap.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He’s only 20, not sure what he expected. Doubt he’d have been any better off at Man City ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
His agent did a recent interview in Poland which suggested he may not be to happy, Man City also wanted to sign him and he chose us for game time. I’ve no idea if this was a dig there was bit more about the transfer fee and how he really went on the cheap.

Where did you read this?

The recent ones I'm reading now says that City wanted to sign him and loan him to Leeds but Legia delayed selling him. When they wanted to cash in, clubs had either dropped their interest due to Covid or were not willing to pay the amounts (€8m) that Brighton paid. Nothing about "choosing Brighton for game time".

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He's rarely made the bench. He did so last night but that was surely because our list of absentees -- particularly defensive ones -- was so long.

Yes, but the fact he’s on the bench suggests he would go on.

I’m not disagreeing about whether he’s ready or not, as I said initially we don’t see him every day in training etc.....

But, if he is ready for the bench it may be worth giving him some game time. These are effectively pressure less games.

I’d like to see Caciedo as well but for the reasons we’ve discussed probably unlikely.

Would you start Tau in the last two games?
You made a good point re the assist, but until I watched it again hadn’t appreciated how good his movement was when receiving the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think this fella could be heading out for a Championship loan. Overlooked yesterday and for the last half of the season when Lamptey, March and sometime Veltman were injured, I think this young man is a year or two away from playing in the EPL for us.

I believe that Potter has identified something big on his game that is missing that a loan should fix, it could just be experience in English football.

This makes it all the more important that Cucurella and Livramento are captured and put in the hutch ASAP.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I think this fella could be heading out for a Championship loan. Overlooked yesterday and for the last half of the season when Lamptey, March and sometime Veltman were injured, I think this young man is a year or two away from playing in the EPL for us.

I believe that Potter has identified something big on his game that is missing that a loan should fix, it could just be experience in English football.

This makes it all the more important that Cucurella and Livramento are captured and put in the hutch ASAP.
An odd decision to cut short his loan last year no?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

What is strange he has not had a look in since playing against Leicester in cup when he played very well

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Quite bizarre that he didn’t feature yesterday, but perhaps no more bizarre than playing Alzate as a centreback.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here