Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michał Karbownik

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
For the Villa game I think it will be Veltman as RWB with White at right sided centre back to combat sock boy, and I think Alzate did enough at LWB yesterday for him to be given the chance there.
However, I think Karbownik may be given a couple of games at LWB by the end of the season.

Last edited:

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
I thought he looked slower than we had been led to believe but looked very tidy, confident on the ball and precise in his passing. Good debut.

I thought Moder looked good too. As Kalimantan says, taller thn I was expecting. He got involved in a lot and showed a great deal of promise.

Extremely excited about these two - unshowy, professional, fitted in well. Lots more to come I suspect.

He looked bloody quick to me when he gave Justin a few lengths and still got to the ball first

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought he looked slower than we had been led to believe but looked very tidy, confident on the ball and precise in his passing. Good debut.

I thought Moder looked good too. As Kalimantan says, taller thn I was expecting. He got involved in a lot and showed a great deal of promise.

Extremely excited about these two - unshowy, professional, fitted in well. Lots more to come I suspect.

Agree with all of that.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Indeed: Lamptey played a few games in the 19/20 season - unless players had to put in a certain number of appearances to be counted

Fair enough - he played one game for Chelsea. Perhaps he didn't get up to speed in that game.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thought he was solid, no real mistakes but perhaps a little 'safe' going forward but that was his debut so understandable. All in all he looked like he is ready now to take his chance which given our injury problems is great.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Really liked what I saw from both debutants - not an easy game to come into but seemed to settle in pretty well. Will be interested to see how GP deals with Karbownik - I am sure he will give him the gme time if he thinks his confidence can handle it.. I have to say, I don't think he will play him vs. Villa - fairly sure BDB will play there again, however, the lad who plays right-side for Villa (Traore ?) is left footed I think? a right-footed left back might be an interesting counter to his cutting inside..

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Karbownik's debut probably under stated as to how solid that was. That position has been a real chalice for others, but no drama last night.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sorry if explained in thread but on basis we are desperate for a left back or wingback why wasnt he tried on that side. Can only think it is because Burn is an automatic pick with Potter. Dont want to be accused not knowing anything about football but but our defence is weak on that side without March

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was very suprised to see him on the right rather than the left but didn't seem to put a foot wrong

Why? He's right-footed, and has played that role before. I think he predominantly plays wide left, largely in a LWB position.
That said, I'd expect Alzate more suited to the RWB role, and Karbownik to the LWB role. Given this, you'd have to ask why Potter put them in those positions. My only answer is that Potter might have Alzate ahead of Karbownik to play LWB/LB for us, now that Solly is out for the season. We currently have Burn that can play LWB and, for me, the next best options would be Alzate and Karbownik. Veltman has done wonders at RWB in the absence of Lamptey, but Potter has said that Mighty Mouse will be back soon, probably for Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here