Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michał Karbownik

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I think the prospects model is a numbers game. We bring in lots of very talented young footballers in the hope that a few of them will go on to be valuable players that we either bring into the squad and/or sell for a profit - and if not, then they get released or sold at a small profit if we can. That necessarily means that there will be a LOT of young players that have what appears to be huge potential that we have to let go (see Chelsea's model).

That's the point I was making rather clumsily - we will see lots of players like Karbo being released or load/options to buy, because we have had a look and they didn't make the grade.

To be fair Chelsea have been doing this for ages.???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
[Tweet]1431609696612503552[/Tweet]

Loan to buy.

Must be a decent fee.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
He played very well in one game for us against Leicester and didnt get near squad again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He's only had 4 starts in 17 league games, not sure if he was injured as he didn't play a single minute between September and January

Ligament problems from October to December it would appear from reading Transfermarkt. He’s had 3 appearances (including 1 cup game) in January.

In my opinion, he’s exactly the sort of player we need in the squad to cover off injuries/rotations with Cucu & Lamptey. However, he clearly needs to step up a level or two. Sadly, if he does, Olympiakos will buy him.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ligament problems from October to December it would appear from reading Transfermarkt. He’s had 3 appearances (including 1 cup game) in January.

In my opinion, he’s exactly the sort of player we need in the squad to cover off injuries/rotations with Cucu & Lamptey. However, he clearly needs to step up a level or two. Sadly, if he does, Olympiakos will buy him.

I am not bothered. Cucurella looks irreplaceable the form he has been in, although we all know that March, Burn and Moder won't let us down if called upon and Minamino could be an interesting introduction. With Lamptey playing further forward we have a number of skilful and pacy options including Sarmiento, Khadra and Longman and we know what a great job Veltman has done on the right side.

Based on a pretty meh pre-season I would put all of these in front of Karbownik.

Stumpy Tim

I am not bothered. Cucurella looks irreplaceable the form he has been in, although we all know that March, Burn and Moder won't let us down if called upon and Minamino could be an interesting introduction. With Lamptey playing further forward we have a number of skilful and pacy options including Sarmiento, Khadra and Longman and we know what a great job Veltman has done on the right side.

Based on a pretty meh pre-season I would put all of these in front of Karbownik.

Which is all great, but although he played left wing back in Poland he's actually right-footed and prefers right wing-back (where he played for us against Leicester)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

If we're going to introduce Liverpool players, why not go for Andy Robertson?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here