Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michał Karbownik

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I thought he looked decent last night. Lacking in a bit of the strength, composure and decision making you'd expect from a young player, but can transition at pace with the ball and worked well with Moder. I would say not ready for the first team yet due to the criticality of our wider players in progressing the ball, but has the right attributes. Needs to follow a similar path to Cucurella i.e. play, toughen up, master the dark arts etc.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Loan is perfect for him. Both he and Alzate could benefit from an entire season of football. They both need to toughen up and work
on their decision making. In the long term it’s the sensible move for both. Moder can play either position better atm.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Loan is OK. Don't know about the standard of Greek football - will it help his development as a player to play in the PL?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
It looks like it’s a done deal

73892845-F3C9-4610-B24A-DC55EF0FBFAD.jpeg

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Option to buy is astonishing.

Not sure the Greek league is much better than the Polish but I'm sure our resident expert will be along any minute........

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not sure I like the sound of this.

I could understand a loan to the championship, but loan to buy deal??!
I'd find it difficult to understand why the club want to cut their losses on a kid with a fair amount of potential.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not sure I like the sound of this.

I could understand a loan to the championship, but loan to buy deal??!
I'd find it difficult to understand why the club want to cut their losses on a kid with a fair amount of potential.

Seen €7m quoted on Twitter.

I think Potter prefers a player with good decision making skills, the club clearly think that Karbo’s end product won’t be up to the standard we need. A real shame.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Seen €7m quoted on Twitter.

I think Potter prefers a player with good decision making skills, the club clearly think that Karbo’s end product won’t be up to the standard we need. A real shame.

But he's younger than Connolly and has been given far less opportunity.
Seems an odd decision, particularly if he can play on the right,

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think this is excellent news! I hope MK goes on to have a great career.

What does this tell you about the standard at our club? Best player from Iran, best player from South Africa, Polish International, all unable to hold down a place in our squad.

We have reached a point where players have to not only perform at the highest level, they need to be able to play within our system. We may even find we end up releasing place who go on to bigger and better things elsewhere, because they didn't fit within our system. Exciting times ahead I think and only 1 or 2 signings away from what could be a truly great side.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
€7 million purchase option ?

Good money and we may also have a sell-on clause.

More coins ( delayed credit ) for the Nunez-Cucurella pot.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I like the look of Karbownik based on the small amount we've seen so far. But a loan - and playing against some decent sides in the CL - will be good as long as he's getting game time. I think there's something about him, so I really hope we aren't planning to sell him.

However, as others have said, there is serious competition for places in our side now. It's harder for our own youth players to get game time and harder for players we buy to force their way in. It's all good for our potnetial to thrive as a club, but the harsh reality of football at the very top.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here