Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Michael Vaughan

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Vaughan is a bit of a little-Englander Brexity twat but I like him as a pundit and he was a fine player. Besides, witch-hunts are never a good look.
When I finally saw him play at the Oval, I couldn't believe how fluid and graceful he was - every movement seemed to be in a beautiful pattern of arcs and sweeping movements. Complete contrast to say Alec Stewart who was all twitches, punches and awkwardness, all be it a fine player still.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think the difference - and it is a significant one - is that Bong reacted immediately and went straight to the referee.. He didn't wait several years to make his complaint after he'd stopped playing.
Racism at Yorkshire isn't in dispute. Several players have admitted and apologised for using racist and discriminatory language over a period of time - that is on record, and Rafiq and others no doubt suffered. All that has been found here is that it not being proven Michael Vaughan used that kind of language.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Racism at Yorkshire isn't in dispute. Several players have admitted and apologised for using racist and discriminatory language over a period of time - that is on record, and Rafiq and others no doubt suffered. All that has been found here is that it not being proven Michael Vaughan used that kind of language.
Not my point. The Vaughan case is different from Bong's. Not defending anything anybody's done - just pointing out the difference.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
When I finally saw him play at the Oval, I couldn't believe how fluid and graceful he was - every movement seemed to be in a beautiful pattern of arcs and sweeping movements. Complete contrast to say Alec Stewart who was all twitches, punches and awkwardness, all be it a fine player still.
Yeh, i can't name a finer looking cover driver than vaughny.

I have no opinion as to his guilt or otherwise on this matter

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here