Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Owen being released by Man Utd [Merged]

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I have it from a very good source he has been seen riding his race horse outside the AMEX this morning and over heard gim saying "Im not here for the money Tony, I just want to play for Brighton" then with a "YEEEHAAAA" he rode off over the downs

Nailed on

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
......and nor will any other club with any brains, he's been shite for over 10 years just taking money from mug clubs believing in a goal he scored when he was 18, after he injured his knee that was him finished, his pace was gone and he was f***ed.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012
‏@themichaelowen The Manager informed me after our testimonial match on Tuesday that the club would not be offering me a new contract.

Done deal then. Owen to the Albion...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
So I was passing the Amex this morning and managed to grab a photo. Looks like it's a done deal.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 82

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
He's twittered his release and says he's of on hols to think what his next move might be.

I'm not sure if he would or wouldn't get a bottom of Premier league team contract or if given the choice he would prefer to play in the Championship or start his TV pundit career?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Owen doesn't want to drop out of the Premiership and he won't move from Cheshire.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
I could see him in a QPR strip by the end of the summer.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
If he doesn't want to move that leaves Bolton or Blackburn as commutable teams.

Aylesburyseagull

Feb 19, 2009
Michael Owen

I see that Michael Owen has confirmed that Man Utd have not offered him a new contract. Anyone think TB & GP will try to get him, or will his wage demands be too much for our budget?

Thoughts anyone?????

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Michael Owen is available

Could do a job?

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I'm available as well, and I think Michael Owen and I have about the same chance of appearing for Brighton next season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Owen - thoughts?

Apparently Michael Owen has been released by United.

Haven't heard any previous rumours, but I reckon he could slot in nicely here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here