Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Michael Oliver

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I’m starting to think it’s not actually the ref’s that are useless but more they have been told to completely ignore things.
Every single week and in most games you have players flopping to the floor and feigning injury and the officials do nothing to stop it. It’s is spoiling the game (not just our games)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Very disappointed with this thread today.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I’m starting to think it’s not actually the ref’s that are useless but more they have been told to completely ignore things.
Every single week and in most games you have players flopping to the floor and feigning injury and the officials do nothing to stop it. It’s is spoiling the game (not just our games)
it seems crazy that a player can be rolling around on the floor in agony when the opposition are attacking and then leap up in some lazarus style reserecction as soon as his team get the ball

I agree its crazy that teams are allowed to get away with it , but I am starting to think perhaps we should start falling over as well, level the playing field a bit.

This taking ages taking goal kicks as well is as bad

The sooner they start stopping the watch and adding on time as soon as the ball is out of play the better. We would have a few games with 15 mins of extra time each half but it would soon stop, as it did in the world cup

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Decent game, kept things moving
Picky and gave fouls against both teams that weren’t imo, kept stopping the game rather than letting it flow. He was also shit at playing the advantage, just imo obviously. Suckered by some play acting too. Never been that impressed with him in games he’s reffed for us.

Fill your boots @Brighton Lines :smile:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Picky and gave fouls against both teams that weren’t imo, kept stopping the game rather than letting it flow. He was also shit at playing the advantage, just imo obviously. Suckered by some play acting too. Never been that impressed with him in games he’s reffed for us.

Fill your boots @Brighton Lines :smile:
I'm a bit concerned that you're turning soft.

I'm a bit surprised the Pontus hasn't got a thread. He was very naughty today. Did the Harry trick and rolled back on the pitch.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
He seemed to become the boo boy but I thought he was alright. Only the sending off I cam think of. And he was tapping his watch every time they went down so wasn't falling for all that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm a bit concerned that you're turning soft.

I'm a bit surprised the Pontus hasn't got a thread. He was very naughty today. Did the Harry trick and rolled back on the pitch.
You were expecting a full on rant? You might have got one if we’d lost, I was very relieved that we got a point :wink:

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He seemed to become the boo boy but I thought he was alright. Only the sending off I cam think of. And he was tapping his watch every time they went down so wasn't falling for all that.
Only six minutes though. Six substitutions and a VAR that was really obvious and took three minutes .

Sorry, there are some legitimate whinges and our @

Icy Gull

is being far too conciliatory about things.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am really struggling to understand why the handball guy wasn't sent off.. can someone explain it? What's the difference between that and Willian for Fulham v Man Utd?
The right decision was made in the end. It was hand ball and a penalty, but not deliberate and, to the extent that I understand the rules, warranted a yellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here