Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Gove

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I know Gove's views can be divisive, but half this thread is just playground name calling. Would any of his plans be more acceptable if was better looking?

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Gove is a man who knows he is right. This saves him the need to listen to anyone with a different viewpoint, who is obviously wrong.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I know Gove's views can be divisive, but half this thread is just playground name calling. Would any of his plans be more acceptable if was better looking?

only if he was a woman and he looked like Megan Fox - then he/she could do whatever they want.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
only if he was a woman and he looked like Megan Fox - then he/she could do whatever they want.

Ok, let's try this .............

image.jpg

Any better?image.jpg

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Mmmm just so I don't need to scroll so far up the page to ogle again :lolol:

I had to view this post after seeing it in the timeline to make sure you weren't talking about Michael Gove.

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
...the man who spent thousands of pounds of our money to furnish his homes with luxury items yet thinks the users of food banks (which barely existed before the coalition came to power) deserve their plight:

http://edinburgheye.wordpress.com/2013/03/21/michael-gove-flipper/

How can we be ruled by crass hypocrites like this? Labour should be wiping the floor with people like him, what the hell are they doing?

Ah bless ,someone who still thinks Labour are relevant.I bet you still think theyre a working class party as well!There is only one realistic opposition to the Cons ...UKIP

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Ed Milliband is Labour's Iain Duncan-Smith and unfortunately, there's only one person in the shadow cabinet currently popular enough with the British public to become Prime Minister. However, he isn't experienced enough and that's Chukka Umuna.

Is this the same Chukka Umuna who was caught editing his wikipedia page so it described him as the the 'British Obama'. Thought he came across as a lightweight on Question Time this week.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Gove is as ideologically driven as any current politician and cannot comment on anything without making a political point, unusually involving a swipe at 'left-wing' academics. This from one of the most 'right-wing' members of the cabinet. He just can't help himself. People need to look though at what he is doing to the English education system rather than comment about his looks. Do you really want your local schools to be run on the same lines as rail or utility companies in a few years time?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Gove is as ideologically driven as any current politician and cannot comment on anything without making a political point, unusually involving a swipe at 'left-wing' academics. This from one of the most 'right-wing' members of the cabinet. He just can't help himself. People need to look though at what he is doing to the English education system rather than comment about his looks. Do you really want your local schools to be run on the same lines as rail or utility companies in a few years time?

He dismisses anyone who disagrees with him - be it Oxford academics, his own advisors, knowledgeable experts - as 'leftwing' or 'Marxist'. As if (a) he knows better and (b) that is supposed to be an insult.

It's all a bit... Rik from the Young Ones.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
atypumyt.jpg

This is what you get when you vote for xenophobic assholes. Our kids will grow up ignorant, uneducated and oppressed. This is one step away from the Nazi's burning literature.
Who didn't learn morals from Mice & Men, Mockingbird and the Crucible when they were a child?
A dangerous man.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is what you get when you vote for xenophobic assholes. Our kids will grow up ignorant, uneducated and oppressed. This is one step away from the Nazi's burning literature.
Who didn't learn morals from Mice & Men, Mockingbird and the Crucible when they were a child?
A dangerous man.

Eh? I can assure you that I didn't read any of those books when I was younger but somehow I learned about morals. Are morals only learned from reading those books? Back in the day all English Literature O levels were from British authors. I studied Chaucer, Shakespeare and Dickens. And I learned morals from a whole host of sources including life experience.

Getting British schoolchildren to read say Orwell or Thomas Hardy rather than Kerouac or Salinger is 'one step away' from burning books? A little perspective please.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Eh? I can assure you that I didn't read any of those books when I was younger but somehow I learned about morals. Are morals only learned from reading those books? Back in the day all English Literature O levels were from British authors. I studied Chaucer, Shakespeare and Dickens. And I learned morals from a whole host of sources including life experience.

Getting British schoolchildren to read say Orwell or Thomas Hardy rather than Kerouac or Salinger is 'one step away' from burning books? A little perspective please.

It seems I learnt the same syllabus as you

I didn't enjoy English lit, although I passed it. I do enjoy reading but those authors and books left me cold ( Shakespeare was the best of the bad bunch for me)

I would have loved to had study a man for all seasons, or to kill mockingbird. Where they were written isn't relevant in my view

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
atypumyt.jpg

A dangerous man.

It's simpler than that IMO. American fiction is better.

Gove is stuck in a bygone era. It's like when Major went on about warm beer an cricket.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Both American and British literature should be studied. If you ask me I think American Literature is actually better, well I prefer it anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here