Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Appleton sacked confirmed

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The reserve manager has been put in charge until the end of the season - they did well under him between Berg and Appleton's reigns.

How the hell did Venkys pass the fit and proper test ?!?!

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Can get 12s on them to be relegated with Coral. Perhaps not a bad shout with them only being 4 points off it.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You've got to feel some sympathy for the fans, their club seems to be lurching from one owner led crisis to another. Thank god for Tony Bloom.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You've got to feel some sympathy for the fans, their club seems to be lurching from one owner led crisis to another. Thank god for Tony Bloom.

I feel no sympathy at all for their fans. Any good will they may have been due was lost with the way they treated Kean. Yes, he was a joke of a manager and utter comedy. But you reap what you sow, they deserve no better in my opinion.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
I feel no sympathy at all for their fans. Any good will they may have been due was lost with the way they treated Kean. Yes, he was a joke of a manager and utter comedy. But you reap what you sow, they deserve no better in my opinion.

Nonsense. Kean was a yes man installed by clueless owners who have brought the club to its knees. Fans protested against the owners and their unqualified manager, as you would expect. I don't agree with the people who abused Kean personally but they had every right to express their anger at how the club was being run. We of all clubs should understand.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How the hell did Venkys pass the fit and proper test ?!?!

because all the fit and proper test checks is that the owners arent (known) criminals, bankrupt or disqualified from being directors. there isnt a qualification they have to sit.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Nonsense. Kean was a yes man installed by clueless owners who have brought the club to its knees. Fans protested against the owners and their unqualified manager, as you would expect. I don't agree with the people who abused Kean personally but they had every right to express their anger at how the club was being run. We of all clubs should understand.

You would think so, but the person you quoted has a habit of comments like the above and would have probably seen Archer as a bloody good bloke.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Widespread lazy journalism has led to this perception of Kean somehow being the "victim" in all this. He wasn't. He was Venky's stooge, the completely underqualified patsy installed by them to replace Allardyce so they could run (ruin) the club the way they saw fit, without the man in the dugout going disco mental at them in the press. Ridiculously outlandish promises, followed by multiple sales of all their best players and no money being made available to replace them. No proper manager would ever put up with that. Kean was part of the problem, and if I was a Blackburn fan, I'd have been giving him DOGS abuse as well to get him out of the club.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Widespread lazy journalism has led to this perception of Kean somehow being the "victim" in all this. He wasn't. He was Venky's stooge, the completely underqualified patsy installed by them to replace Allardyce so they could run (ruin) the club the way they saw fit, without the man in the dugout going disco mental at them in the press. Ridiculously outlandish promises, followed by multiple sales of all their best players and no money being made available to replace them. No proper manager would ever put up with that. Kean was part of the problem, and if I was a Blackburn fan, I'd have been giving him DOGS abuse as well to get him out of the club.

I agree. I have every sympathy for Blackburn fans. We have been through some crap times and I don't like to see other clubs be treated badly. The owners have turn their club in to a joke and for their fans, it's not funny. :(

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Correct.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

That's not entirely true. £8 million on Rhodes, £3 million on Best.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's not entirely true. £8 million on Rhodes, £3 million on Best.

But more than countered by the sale of Samba (£12m), Kalinic (£5m) Phil Jones (£17m), N'zoni (£4m) plus some reasonable Prem players who were released on frees (Emerton, Diouf, Benjani, Ryan Nelson) who could've done a job at this level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here