Michael Appleton sacked confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5584496 said:
Di Canio and the Venkys... Together?! That would be HILARIOUS!

There are some decent managers available at the moment, Adkins, Curbishley, McDermott but can't see any of them taking the job with those lunatics in charge!

Exactly, someone could end up in jail there

Adkins and McDermott don't need it. Curbishley retired???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Would you be saying that if it was Blooms legacy here at Brighton that was being torn apart?

We are talking about Blackburn, not Brighton. Their fans have bought a lot of this on themselves starting with their ridiculous treatment of Steve Kean-a bit like some of our lot's treatment of Mark McGhee. They need to rid themselves of the Venkys whilst supporting their team.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Sven's out of work at the moment.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
We are talking about Blackburn, not Brighton. Their fans have bought a lot of this on themselves starting with their ridiculous treatment of Steve Kean-a bit like some of our lot's treatment of Mark McGhee. They need to rid themselves of the Venkys whilst supporting their team.

And i completely agree with you, but i am talking about the owners, who lets be honest are destroying that club.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

Kean is/was part of the Venkys, not only was he a poor manager he was an awful person - the way he betrayed a friend in 'Sam Allardyce', and he only got the job through his agent who facilitated the takeover of the club. Let's not make out that Kean was innocent in all this... The whole ruddy lot should never have been allowed a foot in that club.

Still, :lol:

I can't stand Appleton.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

I think the treatment of McGhee has been justified, look at where the Albion are now and where McGhee is.

The dislike of Kean at Blackburn was more to do with the way he got the job and the suspsicion he put the knife in Allardyce's back.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think the treatment of McGhee has been justified, look at where the Albion are now and where McGhee is.

The dislike of Kean at Blackburn was more to do with the way he got the job and the suspsicion he put the knife in Allardyce's back.

That first sentence is a ridiculous statement. McGhee was misled and the treatment of him was shabby. Of course he wouldn't be the man to take us forward now but that doesn't excuse how he was treated. The same applies to Wilkins.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
You just have to feel sorry for the small loyal rump who support that club. We are so fortunate.

Not sure I do. They have had many years in the top league for a small club.

Some of their fans were very patronising about "Teams like Brighton FFS" on their forum this season. A year or two in League One would do them no harm.

It's not as if they are going bust.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's only one man for the job - Colonel Dean Sanders, he'd be finger lickin' good!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
That first sentence is a ridiculous statement. McGhee was misled and the treatment of him was shabby. Of course he wouldn't be the man to take us forward now but that doesn't excuse how he was treated. The same applies to Wilkins.

This could take up my afternoon. McGhee had lost it by the end of his time with us. Yes he got us promoted and yes he kept us up. But he also took us down in spectacular style and fell out with too many players. Granted there were issues with trouble makers, but it was correct that he was sacked, the problem was he was sacked 6 months too late.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
This could take up my afternoon. McGhee had lost it by the end of his time with us. Yes he got us promoted and yes he kept us up. But he also took us down in spectacular style and fell out with too many players. Granted there were issues with trouble makers, but it was correct that he was sacked, the problem was he was sacked 6 months too late.

Don't worry it won't!. I agree with everything you just said. But he was promised that a stadium would be delivered as were other managers and it wasn't. No one else available would have stopped us going down that year.That is why he wasn't sacked before then. That's why we ended up with Wilkins. The mistake he made was not to walk away earlier as Coppell and Taylor did.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Jordan Rhodes made an EGGcellent choice.

We are where we are now because of massive investment in playing staff and infrastructure, something McGhee never had.

Well done on not calling him Magoo though.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

Paulo Di Canio anyone?

I'm sure Di Canio would fit in well with the Venky owners...

di canio.pnguntitled.png

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
The cycle has returned before Uncle Jack arrived they were a lower half Div 2 side on small gates.As for that big club Wolves a few home gates from 1987 2 and a half year's after dropping from the top flight playing in Div 4 ,31st Jan Crewe 3759 ,7th Feb Stockport 3238 ,17th Feb Aldershot 3257 Big club full of plastics Div 3 is the right level for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports