Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Merry Christmas

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You can have a Merry Xmas and Happy holidays too.

A couple of close friends who are practising Muslims (and some Jewish friends), use the opportunity to get together with their families for a couple of days peace and quiet without work, emails etc for a bit of quality time together, rather than any 'celebration'.

Thinking about it, It's actually what we do as a family, enjoying the tradition of Xmas but not being religious we don't really 'celebrate' anything (I suspect along with many, many others) :shrug:

So, Best wishes to all :smile:
I started calling it my 'winter break' long before it became vogue. I think I got the term from European football ! It's THEIR fault. Blame the EU

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

A couple of close friends who are practising Muslims (and some Jewish friends), use the opportunity to get together with their families for a couple of days peace and quiet without work, emails etc for a bit of quality time together, rather than any 'celebration'.

Thinking about it, It's actually what we do as a family, enjoying the tradition of Xmas but not being religious we don't really 'celebrate' anything (I suspect along with many, many others) :shrug:

Much like many so called Christians. I've always said be full no holds barred christian or admit that you are not really christian. So many are half-way religious.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Happy Christmas to all, however you are celebrating (or not) - count to ten and keep your eyes on the 28th at the Amex if things are threatening to go pear-shaped over the Christmas Lunch 😉

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Are those the little PC Policemen in your head again ? You mustn't listen to them. They're not real.

I hope they didn't tell you that Christmas was cancelled in Birmingham. Only a lot of folk still believe that one.

Those PC Policemen in your head could truly Rooney your Christmas in Birmingham.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Hi guys, just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends, they just copy and paste some random message and send it on. So I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and fulfilling 2024 - you're the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for. Best wishes. Sarah xxx

mile oak

May 21, 2023
And if you have run out of Christmas paper but have some birthday paper, remember its all about a certain birth, so just tell your recipiant if they wonder why you're handy them a gift marked 'Happy Birthday'.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I was driving past Oxford a few years ago just before Christmas and listening to a phone-in on Radio Oxford exactly on this subject. A Sikh phoned in and said something along the lines of “I love Christmas. Any excuse for a party!”
he did actually use the word party! Was I offended! Noooooooooooo!:love:(y)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hi guys, just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends, they just copy and paste some random message and send it on. So I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy and fulfilling 2024 - you're the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for. Best wishes. Sarah xxx
Gymnastics???? I’m outta here!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You’ve just given Joey Barton a cracking idea…..
As much as I hate to say it, there are TWO women that I can see in that picture. (B)righton was clearly WOKE, even back then.

Screenshot 2023-12-24 190638.png

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I was driving past Oxford a few years ago just before Christmas and listening to a phone-in on Radio Oxford exactly on this subject. A Sikh phoned in and said something along the lines of “I love Christmas. Any excuse for a party!”
he did actually use the word party! Was I offended! Noooooooooooo!:love:(y)
I had an in depth chat with one of my Muslim colleagues about this, his plans for Christmas and the importance of Jesus in Islam at one of my work Christmas parties this year.
It was a genuinely interesting conversation, but the setting in a busy Wetherspoons after I'd drunk at least 4pints and a bottle of wine, while he was totally sober, did lend an air of surrealism to it all.
He then told me (quite rightly) that he couldn't order me a drink while I went to the loo, only to try and pay for it and about 3 other alcoholic drinks when he was eventually served after I returned, but was prevented by two of us who were concerned to a) get our round in, and b) save his soul.
Anyway, happy Christmas all. :xmas:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Merry Christmas everyone, hope it’s a good one (whatever good looks like to you)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here