Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Merry Christmas North Stand Chatters.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Search for mini markets open
Like this:

IMG_3972.jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Help required

Basically we were off to my dads for xmas day. But he's come down unwell. He'll be fine, but we've had to cancel the trip. So we're staying at home, but in expectation of us going away, i've got bugger all food in.

My question is, do you know of any petrol stations or anything like that open in Brighton and Hove, where I could at least pick up something? The internet isn't being a lot of use.

Cheers in advance of any local knowledge on this
Yep - looks like the local BPs will be open - so choose one which is also an M&S...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Help required

Basically we were off to my dads for xmas day. But he's come down unwell. He'll be fine, but we've had to cancel the trip. So we're staying at home, but in expectation of us going away, i've got bugger all food in.

My question is, do you know of any petrol stations or anything like that open in Brighton and Hove, where I could at least pick up something? The internet isn't being a lot of use.

You could do a grocery delivery on Uber eats and see whats available.

From checking Uber eats I can see that at least the shell garage on Preston road is open.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Distant from you, but the BP/M&S in Findon is open today, so I suspect anything similar around Brighton will be too.

Is the one at the bottom of Mill Road a BP/M&S too? Failing that, there's one just up the A23 a bit isn't there?
Just shy of Bolney there's an M&S at the services, but not sure if it's open.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Help required

Maybe you could go over to @Official Old Man’s place and help him cook lunch?🙂

Seriously, I’d just go out to lunch if I nothing in the freezer - Perhaps go out to a hotel or choose a gastro pub

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
The BP/M&S on A259 in Hove west of the Hove lagoon sopen but can't vouch for what they might have.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Seriously, I’d just go out to lunch if I nothing in the freezer - Perhaps go out to a hotel or choose a gastro pub
Most are closed and those that aren't won't be serving food today, and those that are will; a) already be fully booked and b) charging a King's ransom for a basic carvery

Some things can be done on-the-fly, but Xmas needs planning ....

Good luck @Nobby Cybergoat

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Today's learn.

In 2023 it's really easy to get whatever food you want in Xmas day.

I just went down to the petrol station on kingsway and picked up everything i need to make an Xmas dinner.

Thanks for all the advice on this matter and merry Xmas

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Easy fella! Youv'e got this job every year from now on, if your not careful. Best over roast the spuds so as to not make your missus feel inferior, and encourage it to be at least a joint effort next year.
Merry Christmas.
Too late. Perfect dinner served right on time. Can't understand why women take 3 days to cook the same as I cooked in 1 morning.

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_141954_4.jpg
    IMG_20231225_141954_4.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 32

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
After a mini tour of Sussex to visit family, the kids are in bed, the wife is faffing around unpacking stuff that should wait for tomorrow, the dog is curled up next to me on the sofa with his head on my lap and it's time for my first alcohol of the day... a very large glass of rioja. Soon to be followed by a bourbon on the rocks and BED (6 month old was awake from 1.30 to 4.30 last night and the 2.5 yr old insisted on a 5.30 start to the day 🫣).

Merry Christmas, ya filthy animals!

:whisky:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here