Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Video not available in the UK :(
With the help of a VPN server in Japan, I can tell you it's just a couple of clips from the Chelsea game of Mitoma receiving a long ball from March and one from Sanchez, getting the ball under control perfectly first touch.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A highlights video with some nice clips from Mitoma's USG days which I have never seen before.

Really like the clip starting at 6:50, the 'keeper stood their with his hands in the air wondering how the ball got past him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I know we're absolutely spoilt for choice nowadays, but I'm pretty sure I've never seen a greater talent in the stripes - or anywhere else for that matter - in his position ever. Generational level of talent right there. Just wait til the Japanese public get fully on board. It'll be George Best meets The Beatles = the Far East's first ever Footballing GOD! :bowdown:

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Amazing season but found it interesting he struggled against english RB towards end of season , Walker , Wan Bissaka , Trippier ( and didnt James come on 2nd half for chelsea and shut him down )

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Amazing season but found it interesting he struggled against english RB towards end of season , Walker , Wan Bissaka , Trippier ( and didnt James come on 2nd half for chelsea and shut him down )
Suspect an element of him being absolutely shattered and us having no alternative played a big part. Teams knew we weren't going to be hitting March so could cut off the space for Mitoma a lot more.

With March back and hopefully competition from Adringa (and maybe Pedro) we should be in a much better place next year. Especially if Mitoma gets an early goal to end his goal drought.

Incredible player

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
So in his first season in the Prem, Mitoma struggled against three England International right backs and the fastest in this league. Clearly we need to get rid!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, I think that having a viable alternative in Adingra will mean that Mitoma stays fresher. Can play 70 minutes of a game or occasionally the last 30 as a sub.
Agreed, although I'd add that Enciso is good on the left as well as the centre (though not on the right for me)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here