Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
Reportedly,
if Mitoma scores a goal or an assist tonight, he will make a new Brighton's EPL record (= the first Brighton player scoring a goal or an assist in 5 consecutive EPL games).

1 goal and 1 assist against Westham
1 assist against Leeds United
1 assist against Crystal Palace
1 goal against Brentford

I like Every Angle series.

Edit: Here is the quote of the article.

View attachment 159251
View attachment 159252

Thanks to the very beautiful finish of Ferguson, Mitoma has become the first Seagulls player in Premier League history to register a goal involvement (goal or assist) in five successive matches (y)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Kaoru in good company.

20230407_095307.jpg

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Still can’t fathom why the Japan manager in the World Cup had him on the bench. He was set to be a star of the competition with his under the radar performances for us!

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023

Considering the fact that we often see two opponent defenders or sometimes even three around Mitoma (= the red circle) in recent games, he actually looks even more impressive. I think Mitoma attracting two defenders can help Brighton in that bigger spaces are given to a few other Brighton players when attacking (= the blue circle).
m.PNG

Last edited:

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Mindboggling. Especially as he kept coming on and changing games.
Yeah, I mean it was one thing leaving him on the bench for the first game, but EVERY time he came on, he created something. Couldn't get my head round the manager's decision.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
It was disallowed (handball), but I like the fact Mitoma was there.

I feel, his composure + top class first touch ball control + shooting accuracy = we can see more goals if Mitoma can receive the ball there more frequently.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Turns out Mitoma is proper shithouse at Blue Petering

In 6 months time I fully expect him to be making a 1:1 model of The Sistine Chapel out of egg boxes and sticky back plastic.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just watched the game again

Holy moly ..... Right back looks like hard work.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
This is a scene of the last weekend's match. I think his first touch ball control skill is impressive. He frequently shows the impressive first touch ball control like the video.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Still can’t fathom why the Japan manager in the World Cup had him on the bench. He was set to be a star of the competition with his under the radar performances for us!
Context is fairly important I guess - seems obvious to us all now we are living in De Zerbi's world but he'd only made 2 starts for the Albion when the World Cup kicked off. Potter didn't have the faith in him that RDZ does and because of that he was still somewhat of an unknown quantity. He was also being kept out of the side by Takefusa Kubo who is a bit of a wonderkid with over 100 La Liga appearances to his name by age 21.

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan
Context is fairly important I guess - seems obvious to us all now we are living in De Zerbi's world but he'd only made 2 starts for the Albion when the World Cup kicked off. Potter didn't have the faith in him that RDZ does and because of that he was still somewhat of an unknown quantity. He was also being kept out of the side by Takefusa Kubo who is a bit of a wonderkid with over 100 La Liga appearances to his name by age 21.
This uncertainty is surely one reason. Another context is that Mitoma was in a bad condition as he had just recovered from an ankle injury he got in October, and it is also said that he was just recovering from COVID19. In addition, the coach wanted to use Mitoma in EVERY match in the WC for his obvious attacking threat. So everything factored in, it might not be an unreasonable strategy to use Mitoma as an impact sub.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
This is a scene of the last weekend's match. I think his first touch ball control skill is impressive. He frequently shows the impressive first touch ball control like the video.

Video not available in the UK :(

shibainu

Mar 9, 2023
Japan

FA Cup admins might have converted to Mitomanias after seeing the winner against Liverpool. Too much Mitoma contents? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here