Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ahhh the Bushido Spirit of Mitoma-san, please enlighten us Biggums-sensei. 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️
Bless he’s been watching too many Akira Kirosawa films. It’s ‘Giri‘ Biggums … ‘Giri’ or ‘burden of obligation’. Giri is one of the reasons that Japan rose to be a manufacturing power house after WWII.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They're absolutely staggering those statistics. Almost literally off the chart. If he keeps this up he is undoubtedly going to be regarded as one of the very best attacking footballers in world football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would seem the Albion can prove the effects of the world cup in microcosm:-

Mitoma - great tournament personally and for the country - returned flying.
Trossard - poor tournament personally and for the country - returned shitehouse.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Don’t need charts to see how talented he is on the pitch - saw it in the first few games he was with us and watching him is enough but it will sure back up our selling price when we tell the swooping Big 7 if they want him, it will be north of £85 million by the summer.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
They're absolutely staggering those statistics. Almost literally off the chart. If he keeps this up he is undoubtedly going to be regarded as one of the very best attacking footballers in world football.
This is no exaggeration. He just keeps doing it every game. It's incredible to watch.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And someone tried to argue on here with me that there is much better wingers in the league, including Martinelli.
I 'tried to argue' with you. I actually said that Martinelli and Saka are better players and in top form, ditto with Rashford, and stated that Solly is as good as Mitoma. I stand by all of that. I could post some other metric -- you know, like goals scored, or goals scored per minute -- to 'try to argue' such a case.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
:ROFLMAO: I honestly wish I had your confidence to debate things online. It's quite something.

I would never consider myself an expert on matters Japanese, unlike yourself. Unless you have a serious connection with the country to which you have never alluded to before, I imagine it's just your usual hubris.

As for myself, funnily enough I've spent almost half my life in Japan, am married to one of the natives, and both my kids carry Japanese passports😆

I see the rest of the board is backing your point though.
Whereabouts in Japan are you?

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
Why would they do that?
If I was a Japanese fan I would likely be searching for his name in Japanese, not Kaoru Mitoma (or Mitoma Kaoru to follow the character order).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here