Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was chatting about Mitoma at the Arsenal game the old cliche a player to watch that’s worth the admission price, not had one since AK.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I 'tried to argue' with you. I actually said that Martinelli and Saka are better players and in top form, ditto with Rashford, and stated that Solly is as good as Mitoma. I stand by all of that. I could post some other metric -- you know, like goals scored, or goals scored per minute -- to 'try to argue' such a case.
Rashford is playing as a number 9. Don't know about their numbers but would imagine Mitoma's goals and assists are at least equal to the Arsenal players since he's been starting? And as those charts suggest, nobody is creating more chances from the wing.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Not surprised to see those stats, he passes the eye test too.

As I said on here a few days ago, he’s having a similar impact on the PL to Haaland but playing for Brighton, it’s just not being reported as much. Like Haaland, he is staggeringly good. It is incredibly rare to see to see a player come into the PL and make it look as easy as those two are.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
I do wonder if it’s time for a slight shift in player retention strategy and that we should be upping wages significantly for the likes of Caceido, Mac, and Mitoma to make them feel happier about staying if the big boys come calling and would really help attract even more talent knowing there are foundations to build from. They are money in the bank in a few years time regardless so worth the investment.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
This is no exaggeration. He just keeps doing it every game. It's incredible to watch.
Well, not every game. He was pretty woeful at Charlton - maybe post-World Cup blues. But also woeful at Forest Green. Perhaps he needs a big stage (EPL or World Cup) to perform?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do wonder if it’s time for a slight shift in player retention strategy and that we should be upping wages significantly for the likes of Caceido, Mac, and Mitoma to make them feel happier about staying if the big boys come calling and would really help attract even more talent knowing there are foundations to build from. They are money in the bank in a few years time regardless so worth the investment.
I reckon Tony and/or Paul might have thought of this.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Well, not every game. He was pretty woeful at Charlton - maybe post-World Cup blues. But also woeful at Forest Green. Perhaps he needs a big stage (EPL or World Cup) to perform?
I'm not sure that it's about the big stage. People underestimate how alien lower division English football can be to players unfamiliar with it. The old cliche 'Can he do it on a cold wet Tuesday night in (insert unfashionable Northern town)?' can usually be answered with 'Yes he can, but he'll need a chance to acclimatise.' The lower leagues in England are some of the most physically demanding competitions in football and any player who hasn't experienced it will be culture shocked at first.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seen buying flowers in Sydney Street this afternoon ...

is it possible to love this guy any more? :love::love::love::love:
And greatly appreciated they were too.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm not sure that it's about the big stage. People underestimate how alien lower division English football can be to players unfamiliar with it. The old cliche 'Can he do it on a cold wet Tuesday night in (insert unfashionable Northern town)?' can usually be answered with 'Yes he can, but he'll need a chance to acclimatise.' The lower leagues in England are some of the most physically demanding competitions in football and any player who hasn't experienced it will be culture shocked at first.
Stoke is NOT a Northern town. :angry::rant::angry:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ahhh the Bushido Spirit of Mitoma-san, please enlighten us Biggums-sensei. 🙇‍♂️🙇‍♂️

Well you could enlighten yourself with all the literature written about it but you're not into that kind of thing are you.

Let's go with what Miyoshi Matsumoto wrote over the shit you write I reckon..

Bushido was an unwritten moral code of conduct for the samurai, and today it still strongly influences Japanese thought and society.

...but its unchanging ideals of honour and virtue are alive and well within martial arts, athletics and Japan’s defence force today.

...and the international soccer (football) team is called “Samurai Blue”. In press conferences the coaches and players regularly invoke bushido

I look forward to you dismissing their Japanese opinion.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Well you could enlighten yourself with all the literature written about it but you're not into that kind of thing are you.

Let's go with what Miyoshi Matsumoto wrote over the shit you write I reckon..

I look forward to you dismissing their Japanese opinion.

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here