MEP Nigel farage

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
:ffsparr: the idiots have taken over the asylum

So you are not prepared to answer I ask a question and its made light of and I am made to the mad one (that is a very female trait you have there by the way)...glad you admit we are in the asylum...so credit to you for that.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Seventeen years he has been in the job. The public knew his views on the EU, he kept his job all those years and gave the EU grief on behalf of the UK.
He must have been doing a fairly decent job to have lasted so long and re elected.
He brought this referendum to the fore, and the result was that more people wanted OUT of the EU.

European elections are not carried out on a first psst the post system, and I would guess most people don't know who their MEP is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
European elections are not carried out on a first psst the post system, and I would guess most people don't know who their MEP
is.

Surely seeing as there are so many experts on the EU that want to Remain, they must know who their MEP is, same as they all know the names of the main six who "run" the EU......after all 48% of the people want the decisions on OUR issues made by the MEP's, but more important those sitting and deciding in Brussels.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
So you are not prepared to answer I ask a question and its made light of and I am made to the mad one (that is a very female trait you have there by the way)...glad you admit we are in the asylum...so credit to you for that.
He's a New Zealander.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hmmm, not another "expert" on the UK from overseas surely. :wink:

He has some good views in my opinion and is fair and decent at times but its a bit like explaining taking Corona bottle tops back to the shop to get 5pence or paraffin heaters in the late 70s early eighties to anybody under 30.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He has some good views in my opinion and is fair and decent at times but its a bit like explaining taking Corona bottle tops back to the shop to get 5pence or paraffin heaters in the late 70s early eighties to anybody under 30.

You mean growing up here pre EU, and a few countries in the Common Market.............

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
In 2014, Britain committed £12m over three years to tackle the problems at Calais, and part of this is being used to build a 15ft fence along the motorway leading to the port.
As well as the three-year Calais investment, the UK announced £2m extra for detection technology such as the heartbeat and carbon dioxide detectors, and £1m for more dog searches.
In August 2015, the UK and France a fresh agreement on new measures in Calais, including a "control and command centre" and the deployment of 500 extra British and French police. The UK agreed to pay £7m over two years towards the new measures, in addition to money previously pledged.
It will cost a lot more than that to set up holding pens,extra police and security etc. this side of the channel.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
People can't see Cameron and Osborne, people can't see Corbyn and McDonnell, fair enough, it's mainstream politics and people from both sides will argue depending on there political persuasion.
But come on guys, Nigel Farage, get a grip, the man is totally odious.
He is effectively redundant really and will now just be saying anything to get some headlines, it's like me saying Diane Abbott should be the next queen.
There has been a lot of ridiculous and sometimes ignorant point scoring but if anyone seriously thinks for one moment that Farage is a good guy, a good politician and means well then we are all in some serious shit.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You mean growing up here pre EU, and a few countries in the Common Market.............

Quite and being against the turning of the freedom of trading in a common market and watching it morph into a political nightmare..

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Surely seeing as there are so many experts on the EU that want to Remain, they must know who their MEP is, same as they all know the names of the main six who "run" the EU......after all 48% of the people want the decisions on OUR issues made by the MEP's, but more important those sitting and deciding in Brussels.

The South-east region, which includes me in Southampton as well as Brighton, and Oxford and Milton Keynes and Reading And Dover and Guildford and Chatham and all points in between has 10 MEPs, so I am represented, much to my disgust, by Nigel Farage. He is certainly not representing my interests, which is what he's there for. He's "earnt" 17 years worth of money under false pretences. It's almost, if not actually, fraud.

https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/about...council-works/meps-for-the-south-east-region/

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
People have different opinions, this is yours, fair enough.

Could be the single most important figure in the history of Great Britain since Winston Churchill.......I really mean that.....If his actions help be the catalyst bringing about a change in the EU that satisfies all sides then he really should be applauded....

Some times it really is the benefit for all if somebody stands up and has the conviction to say it's not working, I want out.........real Cristian values implore an actioned responses from the EU....for the EU not to listen and to not entertain the idea of change makes them a form of dictatorship..

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
People have different opinions, this is yours, fair enough.

But surely you can see right through him, he makes Boris look like Aled Jones.
Farage is as bent as a nine bob note I really hoped he had gone away when he failed at the general election but no matter how many times you pull the flush he won't go away.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Isn't it odd how we see things from such polarised stand points!

I cringed at his every word, thinking of the damage he is doing to the perception of Brits everywhere - and I come here and find people are worshiping his heroics. I guess it makes life more interesting.

Cant wait for the new football season though so we can unite behind a common bond. This politics malarky has been incredibly damaging in one way or another for us all.

:thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But surely you can see right through him, he makes Boris look like Aled Jones.
Farage is as bent as a nine bob note I really hoped he had gone away when he failed at the general election but no matter how many times you pull the flush he won't go away.

Stands by his convictions more than anybody else in that EU........

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Could be the single most important figure in the history of Great Britain since Winston Churchill.......I really mean that.....If his actions help be the catalyst bringing about a change in the EU that satisfies all sides then he really should be applauded....

Some times it really is the benefit for all if somebody stands up and has the conviction to say it's not working, I want out.........real Cristian values implore an actioned responses from the EU....for the EU not to listen and to not entertain the idea of change makes them a form of dictatorship..

You seriously think that his speech today will help negotiations, did you not hear the response to his rant.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Stands by his convictions more than anybody else in that EU........

I am not questioning that, I like an MP with convictions and he certainly has that, I am questioning him as a person, his policies and he had the opportunity to make a statesmanlike speech and he came out with a childish rant which won't help us at all if we want to get our way in the exit negotiations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports