Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mens Walking Boots

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just an update. I took the plunge today and ordered some Berghaus Explorer gtx boots.

20% off the Jacamo website at the moment so saved me almost £30.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The issue I have with my Merrel walking boots is that while they are extremely warm and comfortable in the winter, in the summer they can get extremely hot and sweaty in the summer.

They have goretex (or gortex style) venting at the sides but despite this they still get extremely hot which is obviously due to the padded man made fibre lining. Can anyone recommend an ideal summer walking boot which doesn't have the thick lining but are still comfortable.

My previous boots were Line7 which were ideal in all weathers as they didn't have that thick lining, but unfortunately they no longer make them.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I looked when we got a dog 5 years ago. I just couldn't lower my sartorial standards. Kickers DM's or desert boots for me, depending on the weather.

This, these with steel toecaps are excellent especially if come across a palace fan during your hike...

Attachments

• 1E9E45E4-C722-47ED-8298-C3AD0DDB4B34.jpeg
    1E9E45E4-C722-47ED-8298-C3AD0DDB4B34.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 153

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Timberland have a sale on right now - looks to be a lot of styles and sizes: https://www.timberland.co.uk/sale.html

Try these codes for extra off (works on different stuff:

10% Off all sale using offer code: THANKYOU10
20% Off selected sale items using discount code: EXTRA20

I ordered two pairs of boots in the sale and used the codes you posted, both have arrived and very happy with both, I've had three pairs of Timberland's in the past 30 years, so thanks for letting us know!

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Boots or Shoes? I have some heavy duty Columbia Boots which have served me well over the years and are perfect for scrambling in Wales, Lake District etc but I’m now doing lots of local walks in woods, downland and long walks along the seafront around Worthing. So I’m thinking about some Berghaus Dalemaster walking shoes. Has anyone got any views on shoes rather than boots? Have they got enough support for chalk and flint paths?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've had my Berghaus boots for about 15 years now and they're almost as good as new, having done various trips to the Lake District, Scotland, and regular walks around the country.
Had some Brashers before that which only lasted a couple of years. Make of that what you will.

Apologies for bouncing an old thread....

I've had my Berghaus a couple of years now and they have just started leaking. I do use them pretty much every day during non welly season. I thought a couple of years use out of them was pretty good but reading your post I'm now not so sure.

Consequently I'm now in the market for a new pair. Certainly wouldn't be put off buying another pair of Berghaus but also looking at Scarpa as a mate has just walked Hadrian's Wall with a pair and said they are great.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I get all my Nike running gear from Keller Sports as they price so well.

I'm not an expert on walking boots at all, but the Adidas Terrex range look good there too: https://www.keller-sports.co.uk/sportsshoes/men/?q=primeblue

(If you're a member - costs £8/year - you get 10% off most things so, for example, these: https://www.keller-sports.co.uk/p/adidas-terrex-freehiker-primeblue-hiking-boots-OSCAD0AN000.html are £89 for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'd recommend Salomon walking boots. They've never let me down. I bought a pair to hike the Inca Trail back in 2017 and they're still going strong.

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Apologies for bouncing an old thread....

I've had my Berghaus a couple of years now and they have just started leaking. I do use them pretty much every day during non welly season. I thought a couple of years use out of them was pretty good but reading your post I'm now not so sure.

Consequently I'm now in the market for a new pair. Certainly wouldn't be put off buying another pair of Berghaus but also looking at Scarpa as a mate has just walked Hadrian's Wall with a pair and said they are great.
I can certainly recommend Scarpa walking shoes. Finished a 500 mile walk in them with no problems and having the Vibram sole you get a really durable shoe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My current pair are MW and only 6 months in are falling apart all over and very lumpy. Maybe I was just unlucky

After 18 months, a small bit of the uppers have indeed started to separate at the stitching. Had a lot of use from them though....

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Skechers do a very good walking ankle boot. I’ve switched allegiance from Lafuma for serious walks and Decathlon for strolls over to the various types of Skecher walking boots and trainers. They’re the only ones that don’t aggravate my Achilles’ tendon.

I have also just forked out for some Magnum patrol boots for work. Not as pricey as I remember but still, a minor wince as I pressed “purchase”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here