Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Mens Walking Boots

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
interetsing thread , wouldnt mind a pair but they all look so ugly,

I know its for walking but could they be worn in a pub and none of those listed I'd be comfortable doing that.

Timberlands do the job and double up for me but hoping to see some more replies

Why would anyone wear their walking boots to the pub unless the pub was on the walk?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Vasque make very solid hiking / walking boots. Most comfortable boots I've worn

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If anyone buys walking shoes / boots from Millets.
They give discount to people with Blue Light, Defence Discount & National Trust cards, I think 10% or 15% :thumbsup:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I've had my Berghaus boots for about 15 years now and they're almost as good as new, having done various trips to the Lake District, Scotland, and regular walks around the country.
Had some Brashers before that which only lasted a couple of years. Make of that what you will.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No need for that, it was meant in jest. As I'm sure you know.

my dog doesn't walk much, he hates boots, Mrs Zef tried when he got all muddy. very funny.

He prefers swims ;-) This was Christmas week. seaotter.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Meindl Toronto for me. Rubber toe cap has broken away in just 4 years but still waterproof. Lightweight and immediately comfy from new.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Woh massive respect . If I walk a mile along Hove seafront and back , I feel like I need a lie down after !
I was like that but since first lockdown I have packed in cigarettes and alcohol, and have been working from home since then. It is an escape for me and I live a few minutes walk from the south downs.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Vasque make very solid hiking / walking boots. Most comfortable boots I've worn

Completely agree with this!

My last pair of Vasques saw me through five years of the Lake District, South Downs, East Coast Trail, Adirondacks and Gatineau Hills.

Another vote for Vasque from me!

I got a pair (from the excellent REI store) when I first moved out to Arizona in 2002. They weren't water-proof but they don't need to be for this climate. They were so, so comfortable and I wore the tread off them.

In preparation for a trip further afield I bought a pair that WERE waterproof, and they have been just as comfortable - I love them.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Another vote for Vasque from me!

I got a pair (from the excellent REI store) when I first moved out to Arizona in 2002. They weren't water-proof but they don't need to be for this climate. They were so, so comfortable and I wore the tread off them.

In preparation for a trip further afield I bought a pair that WERE waterproof, and they have been just as comfortable - I love them.
Looks like its not easy to buy then from UK after a quick search but will persevere

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Yes, I did wonder about that (I have no idea of their availability outside of the US).

You'll just have to arrange a holiday in the States so you can pick up a pair. :thumbsup:

Ah, holidays........I remember them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here