Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mendy found not guilty

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Ex-Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been cleared of raping a woman and attempting to rape another.
The 28-year-old was accused of attacking a 24-year-old woman at his £4m mansion in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire in October 2020.
Mr Mendy was also accused of the attempted rape of another woman, aged 29, who said he had also molested her at his home two years before.
It comes after he was cleared of six rapes at an earlier trial in January.
The France international broke down in tears as the not guilty verdicts were read out by the jury foreman following a three-week trial at Chester Crown Court.
The jury of six men and six women deliberated for about three hours and 15 minutes before reaching their conclusion.
Judge Steven Everett said: "Mr Mendy can be discharged from the dock ‘

It was presumably not possible to find sufficient weight of evidence against him .

The women didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory. It reads like some of them were quite happy to have some types of sex with him but not full sex .

No is still no .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ex-Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy has been cleared of raping a woman and attempting to rape another.
The 28-year-old was accused of attacking a 24-year-old woman at his £4m mansion in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire in October 2020.
Mr Mendy was also accused of the attempted rape of another woman, aged 29, who said he had also molested her at his home two years before.
The France international broke down in tears as the not guilty verdicts were read out by the jury foreman following a three-week trial at Chester Crown Court.
The jury of six men and six women deliberated for about three hours and 15 minutes before reaching their conclusion.

It was presumably not possible to find sufficient weight of evidence against him .

The women didn’t exactly cover themselves in glory. It reads like some of them were quite happy to have some types of sex with him but not full sex .

No is still no .
I would never agree with that conclusion. You or I weren't in the room so don't know what went on and won't be in a position to form judgements

I admit I'm surprised by this outcome, given the number of people who came forward. But as far as I can see, a fair trial has taken place. All parties should be left to get on with their lives now in my view.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

No is still no .
And not guilty is still not guilty.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So what happens now? the bloke has lost a career and earnings of £m's for not being guilty?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Poor bloke. Naive perhaps. Not guilty, but life destroyed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He claims that he’s had sex with 10,000 women, so that works out to over 2 every day since his 16th birthday. Lucky boy or economical with the truth?
No. One of his accusers claims he said that.

Pub talk at best, she made it up at worst.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
Poor bloke. Naive perhaps. Not guilty, but life destroyed.
Totally agree with you. Rich good looking footballer, why shouldn't he enjoy himself. I think there was an element of young girls sniffing compensation in this case. Why he was put through a second trial after been found not guilty of multiple similar charges earlier this year beggars belief. Well it doesn't because if the Crown hadn't sought a second trial the feminist lobbyists would've been all over it. We always hear that the percentage of sexual assault allegations that end result in conviction is very low, when we read the evidence in this case you can see why.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Totally agree with you. Rich good looking footballer, why shouldn't he enjoy himself. I think there was an element of young girls sniffing compensation in this case. Why he was put through a second trial after been found not guilty of multiple similar charges earlier this year beggars belief. Well it doesn't because if the Crown hadn't sought a second trial the feminist lobbyists would've been all over it. We always hear that the percentage of sexual assault allegations that end result in conviction is very low, when we read the evidence in this case you can see why.
I'm not questioning the outcome, Far from it.

But the reason these cases often fail is because without forensic evidence it is one word against another.

And as you amply illustrate there is the 'contributory negligence*' concept that seems to seep into the minds of the 12 good men on the jury.

However your 'feminist lobby' sneering is asinine. The same holds true when the alleged victim is male.

With prejudices like yours we have the final reason why it is so hard to obtain a conviction, perhaps.

As for contributory negligence:

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
I'm not questioning the outcome, Far from it.

But the reason these cases often fail is because without forensic evidence it is one word against another.

And as you amply illustrate there is the 'contributory negligence*' concept that seems to seep into the minds of the 12 good men on the jury.

However your 'feminist lobby' sneering is asinine. The same holds true when the alleged victim is male.

With prejudices like yours we have the final reason why it is so hard to obtain a conviction, perhaps.

As for contributory negligence:

I wasn't sneering, my point is a valid one, if they hadn't sought a second trial there would've been an outcry from various feminists groups.

Or perhaps the reason it's hard to obtain a conviction is because no crime took place.

Can't be bothered to play the clip as I'm not a fan him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would never agree with that conclusion. You or I weren't in the room so don't know what went on and won't be in a position to form judgements

I admit I'm surprised by this outcome, given the number of people who came forward. But as far as I can see, a fair trial has taken place. All parties should be left to get on with their lives now in my view.
Good luck with that 🙈

The majority the current sitting of the court of public opinion will forever state ‘he got away with it’.

Mendy’s career, perhaps even his life, is effectively ruined.

But the biggest losers in all this are the women who are actually raped, some as recent as last night, but are too scared to report it, because they think they won’t be believed or the fear that things will go against them in court. 😞

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I wasn't sneering, my point is a valid one, if they hadn't sought a second trial there would've been an outcry from various feminists groups.

Or perhaps the reason it's hard to obtain a conviction is because no crime took place.

Can't be bothered to play the clip as I'm not a fan him.
But it wasn't a second trial. It was a different trial.

If you are acquitted of an offence this doesn't mean you are forever immune to prosecution. If that were the case I'd have only three points on my driving license. I didn't get the extra points simply to appease the cycling lobby.

It seems that you are twisting the narrative to bolster your anti-feminist imperative.

Cornwallboy

Oct 13, 2022
But it wasn't a second trial. It was a different trial.

If you are acquitted of an offence this doesn't mean you are forever immune to prosecution. If that were the case I'd have only three points on my driving license. I didn't get the extra points simply to appease the cycling lobby.

It seems that you are twisting the narrative to bolster your anti-feminist imperative.
Splitting hairs, yes it was a different trial but based on the same evidence as the first one.

When did I say I was anti feminist?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here